Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Info Nezras
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fato
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2014 :  15:40:34  Show Profile Send Fato a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello everybody.
I have a question because I am starting a new adventure soon. I cannot find info about Nezras. The only thing I can find online is this passage: "Nezras, while founded by Mulhorandi citizens, isn’t claimed (or even known) by the current Pharaoh and doesn’t have an Imperial Legion presence."

Do you guys have additional information? I hope this is the right section.

Mod edit: Moved from the ethers to a more visible location.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 10 Sep 2014 16:18:35

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2014 :  16:34:35  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wrote that line, for my blog. It's just a summary; not official.

As far as I know, the only info on Nezras is its location on the eastern slopes of the Dragonsword Mountains, near the Lonely Lake oasis (FR10 Old Empires map), and hints in the text that it was founded by descendants of the wizard Nezram (page 8) following the destruction of his tower by Chathuulandroth in 681 DR. (page 5, 10)
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2014 :  16:42:28  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xaeyruudh

As far as I know, the only info on Nezras is its location on the eastern slopes of the Dragonsword Mountains, near the Lonely Lake oasis (FR10 Old Empires map), and hints in the text that it was founded by descendants of the wizard Nezram (page 8) following the destruction of his tower by Chathuulandroth in 681 DR. (page 5, 10)

There's more in Dragons of Faerun, IIRC.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Fato
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2014 :  20:33:11  Show Profile Send Fato a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IS there any sort of population. Rural communities? something else?
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2014 :  22:02:40  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:

Sorry, misremembered where. Lost Empires of Faerun, page 80.

And no, no populatino figures.

--
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2014 :  22:05:44  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Sorry, misremembered where. Lost Empires of Faerun, page 80.

And no, no population figures.

Also Fall of Myth Drannor, pages 8, 18, 23, 39, 44, 46, 50, 63.

--
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2014 :  23:56:03  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Nezras in the Fall of Myth Drannor is Nezras the Traitor, a descendant of Nezram.

Lost Empires pg 80 does mention the town of Nezras --thanks Eric!-- and suggests that Nezram is building a new tower there in the 1370s DR.

Personally, I think these things are relevant to Nezras:
  • It's a long way from civilization, so they don't get many visitors. This means the population is small; there's no trade, no reason for anyone to come out to Nezras unless they already know it's there. And the fact that it's barely mentioned in FR10 means hardly anybody knows it's there. The Nezramites are isolated and undoubtedly closely related. I'm not trying to evoke incest. I'm just saying it's probably like a family ranch/commune.

• The Nezramites built their town at this specific location for a reason. That reason isn't stated. It might be as simple as wanting to be far away from other people, but I think it's something else. And it's something significant because they're still there 676 years later... that's a really long time for humans to deliberately isolate themselves. Back when I first read FR10 I thought maybe this is where the font of time was located... Nezram's descendants might have taken it upon themselves to protect it, or protect others from it. I still like this idea, but there are other possibilities too. Like Okoth; Nezras is somewhat shielded from anything which might hypothetically emerge from Azulduth at some unstated point in the future... certainly safer than anywhere in western Mulhorand. The fact that Nezram has apparently returned, might suggest that "some point in the future" is getting close.

• Yea, I know, I'm totally interpreting it to support my own campaign ideas. You'll get no apologies from me.
    Go to Top of Page
      Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
     New Topic  New Poll New Poll
     Reply to Topic
     Printer Friendly
    Jump To:
    Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
    Snitz Forums 2000