Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 2015 - Candlekeep Presents: Women of the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2015 :  21:50:25  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The current gestalt/group think response is that next year will be related to villains, villainous groups, or eeeeevil in some way. I've heard that the organizers are trying to find a cool way to embody that in a pin of some kind, but that no matter what we're months out from an official announcement.
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

The timeline is hosted here at Candlekeep, Wooly.
Indeed it is. Behold the High History of Impiltur.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2015 :  22:06:41  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So what was IN the handout? (my curiosity is making me nuts)

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2015 :  22:10:43  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

It was an article on Lady Saints of the Faith of Ilmater, as well as some 5e Domains, Feats, Magic Items, and a Spell that complemented the article.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2015 :  22:19:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

The current gestalt/group think response is that next year will be related to villains, villainous groups, or eeeeevil in some way. I've heard that the organizers are trying to find a cool way to embody that in a pin of some kind, but that no matter what we're months out from an official announcement.
quote:

The timeline is hosted here at Candlekeep, Wooly.
Indeed it is. Behold the High History of Impiltur.

My mistake. Pretty sure I have that file; I just didn't recall its association with the GenCon gathering.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2015 :  09:09:39  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

quote:

It was an article on Lady Saints of the Faith of Ilmater, as well as some 5e Domains, Feats, Magic Items, and a Spell that complemented the article.

I can't wait for it to be hosted on candlekeep also (hint hint), i bet there are some juicy nuggets of lore there, especially Impilturan lore, but i suspect a few bits from Calimshan as well.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2015 :  18:17:30  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

quote:

I can't wait for it to be hosted on candlekeep also (hint hint), i bet there are some juicy nuggets of lore there, especially Impilturan lore, but i suspect a few bits from Calimshan as well.

They said it would be. No promises on how soon, though. I haven't digested all the lore yet. Like Wooly, I got back home and have hit the ground running with work.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2015 :  05:08:49  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Out of pure self interest, I'd be interested to know how my handout was received and whether people found it useful/interesting. I'm not fishing for praise - rather I'm looking for feedback as to whether this piece or last year's timeline was more useful.

I liked it, friend Krash; it was a nice fleshing-out of a faith I've largely ignored.

I am curious, though, about St. Dyonasis and the Trickery domain; trickery and Ilmater seem a bit of an odd combo, to me.

Additionally, I'd love to know about Lurue's saints, since she is my chosen Realms deity.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2015 :  05:47:45  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An article over at RPG.net that I think might be in the spirit of this year's seminar topic: women in the role playing industry 1974-present.

http://www.rpg.net/columns/advanced-designers-and-dragons/advanced-designers-and-dragons4.phtml

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2015 :  06:58:27  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
I am curious, though, about St. Dyonasis and the Trickery domain; trickery and Ilmater seem a bit of an odd combo, to me.

St Dyonasis is one of my fairly obvious Easter Egg fixes for some previous poor Bloodstone Lands realmslore - the inclusion of a deity from the Greek pantheon into the Realms. I'll be posting the other fix in my Chamber of Sages thread in a week or two, once this piece comes online at the 'Keep.

I agree that it is an odd combo, but works if you approach it from an angle that St Dyonasis is all for those who are cruel and cause suffering having the tables turned against them. Instead of doing it in a martial, in your face way however, St Dyonasis instead takes a subtle, softly, softly approach - he switches your goblet of wine with a goblet of the poison you just inflicted on your enemy.

Also, he is the cheerful, "chin up" type who makes everyone feel better in bad times and as such seeks to alleviate suffering but it in a different way. He is the embodiment of the principle that just because you are doing it tough, doesn't mean that you have to be all morose about it!

Glad you enjoyed it.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000