Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Judge Dread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1844 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  13:22:44  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Okay so I have a question. I prefer gritty characters most of the time but was wondering what alignment most would consider Judge Dread. He's all about Justice and has honor to spare in some ways...but it's hard for me to consider him LG and sometimes hard to even consider him LN.

On top of that, what god would most likely 'take him' when he dies. Would Tyr? Hoar/Assuran? (I think yes here)

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11724 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  13:38:28  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I'm definitely thinking Hoar/Assuran.... he's the epitome of an Assurite.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6652 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  13:47:27  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He could be a schismatic Tyrran also, but I agree Hoar suits him best.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2014 :  13:52:05  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Definitely a Hoarite. I could see him wandering the realms dispensing his harsh band of justice, too harsh for the likes of Tyr too stomach I would think.
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1844 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2014 :  14:10:41  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm actually thinking of dividing Hoar and Assuran into two separate deities. Assuran would be LN[G] deity of poetic justice while Hoar would be LN[E] god of vengeance/revenge/ retribution. This gives Tyr another assistant (and it looks like 5e is going the way of a lighter poetic justice deity...not that it matters as I still play in the 1e/2e timeframe) while giving us a darker, yet still non-evil, option.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.

Edited by - The Arcanamach on 12 Aug 2014 14:11:21
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000