Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Sources for details on Sundabar
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2014 :  16:40:04  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Precious little is given in Silver Marches, or the North Boxed set. I've also read through my Volo's guide. Searches on this forum have turned up nothing. Can anyone recommend good sources for bringing this city to live in a campaign? Thanks.

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2014 :  20:08:51  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Savage North has a brief write-up on 1 page.

Volo's Guide to the North has 10 pages.

The North: Guide to the Savage Frontier repeats 3 pages from Volo's.

Silver Marches provides 3 updated pages, plus a cool write-up specifically for visiting adventure party procedures, a discussion of the city's military and police forces, a bio & pic of the city's leader Helm Dwarf-friend, a bio & pic of a wererat ranger spy, talk of a Banite cult within the army, a pic of the surface city, and (finally!) a map.

In addition, there are tons of little blurbs throughout these sources connecting Sundabar to other communities in the North. There's talk of the best trails for adventuring and trade, and when certain passes go bad depending on the seasons, and which tunnels are particularly to be avoided.

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">

Edited by - BEAST on 19 Jul 2014 20:10:55
Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2014 :  23:34:44  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I did read those sources but didn't seem to come away with much of a picture of the city itself at all. I shall read Silver Marches again. Volos guide is good for specific vendors, but they are all wood crafter types for the most part.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000