Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Adventures/Modules to be found online?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alexander Heppe
Seeker

Germany
62 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2004 :  11:07:07  Show Profile Send Alexander Heppe a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met,

does anybody know of goos sources for full-fledged modules and/or adventures available for download (and for free, that is)

And I would appreciate if anybody could point out, which of those that are available are set in the Realms.

Possibly, fellow students of these Halls of Candlekeep are willing to share some of their own stuff??

For my part, I am going to post an adventure idea in a few days or weeks (in order to avoid spoilers for my players, it depends on how fast weīre going to finish), introducing a technique to introduce an BBEG and using this NPC to connect several published adventures with your own basic story-arc, so there is no flavour of side-trecking involved. Youīll hear from me when Iīm ready.

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2004 :  12:03:20  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

A number of adventures can be found over in the Adventures in Faerun section.

I'll certainly look forward to reading your upcoming adventure

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2004 :  16:59:03  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alexander Heppe

does anybody know of goos sources for full-fledged modules and/or adventures available for download (and for free, that is)

WOTC has a free downloads page that features some Realms adventures. Check out the following

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/downloads

but be warned, the adventures are from previous editions of D&D.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2004 :  22:45:19  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of course, they don't take that much of a conversion, at least not the ones I've seen.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Alexander Heppe
Seeker

Germany
62 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2004 :  16:22:09  Show Profile Send Alexander Heppe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, thank you so far.

But I have to admit that Iīve been in the FR-DMing thing since 2e came out, so most of the stuff you mentioned is already known by my players. For the candlekeep ones, i downloaded the quite a while back already, same with the wizards website. Oh, and i looked into Northern Journey as well...

I was just wondering, if itīs just me, or ainīt nobody else finding anything more than that on the web??
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2004 :  04:41:24  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Alex, there's always the P2P file sharing networks of Kazaa and Bearshare. I've found some really cool stuff off of those, most recenly some Planescape material. It's a lot of hit and miss, but if you're patient, you can find some good stuff.

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2004 :  04:51:27  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, a subtle warning, if I will.

With Kazaa, you run the risk of attracting a virus, and should take necessary precautions to avoid such a fate....

Just giving my 2 cents worth.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2004 :  05:20:04  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yasraena

Hey Alex, there's always the P2P file sharing networks of Kazaa and Bearshare. I've found some really cool stuff off of those, most recenly some Planescape material. It's a lot of hit and miss, but if you're patient, you can find some good stuff.

Are we allowed to talk about such means of acquiring items? I thought Alaundo stated such instructions when the subject last came up.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2004 :  10:07:58  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

Are we allowed to talk about such means of acquiring items? I thought Alaundo stated such instructions when the subject last came up.

Well met

Thank ye SiriusBlack! Indeed such is not to be discussed within these halls The latter writings herein will be removed on the moro.

Just a gentle reminder to all Scribes, please refrain from sharing such information publicly within Candlekeep. Thank ye

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2004 :  17:36:22  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kazaa = Skullport. And Alaundo doesn't like unlawful things.

You don't want to go there anyway.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2004 :  05:48:00  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Kazaa = Skullport. And Alaundo doesn't like unlawful things.

You know that's actually a good analogy.
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2004 :  11:02:25  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually I think when Yasraena was talking abotu Kazza she was meaning the amount of not commercially published adventures you can download. Adventures that have been created by people like us. These are not illegal to download because the author of them have placed them on the p2p server. The Same goes to the various netbooks. These are also freeware thats availible on Kazza.

Besides they have started to charge for Kazza, which means that the illegability of it has been dropped? (Read slightly more legal than before ).

Hanx
Elrond

Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-
While i nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
-The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2004 :  14:57:57  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elrond Half Elven
Besides they have started to charge for Kazza, which means that the illegability of it has been dropped? (Read slightly more legal than before ).

No offense, but I fail to see how the fact Kazza is charging now would make anything more legal or illegal than it was before.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2004 :  18:28:32  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Same here. If anything, buying copyrighted material rather than obtaining it for free makes it more illegal, not less. That's what online piracy actually is. If you make profit on something that's not yours and the person who actually owns it didn't give you permission, you're stealing.

Now, if Kazaa -- I mean, Skullport -- isn't making a profit (that is, if all proceeds go back into maintaining the site and nothing more), then I believe that's different. However, I'm not a copyright lawyer.

Personally, I'd just advise you to stay away from that site. Too dangerous.

Go to Top of Page

Alexander Heppe
Seeker

Germany
62 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2004 :  10:25:17  Show Profile Send Alexander Heppe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, I do noz use file-sharing programs. My two lilī brothers used the "K" Program a LOT, and both have gotten their systems crashed many times over. So there is no way Iīm ever gonna go into that...
By the way, in a neighbouring community, a friend of my brothers, an avid collector of MP3-files got arrested for software-piracy and has now to pay a 50.000,00 Euro compensation to the music-industry.

By the way, I am an honorable person, and download only stuff legally available. Donīt own a single copyrighted file. Sounds boring? Well, may be, but I donīt carry around that 50K...

Well, i found out recently that dndadventures.com has quite a few stuff available, but i am positive that my fellow students here know of even more...

keep posting...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000