Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Adventures/Modules to be found online?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alexander Heppe Posted - 18 Feb 2004 : 11:07:07
Well met,

does anybody know of goos sources for full-fledged modules and/or adventures available for download (and for free, that is)

And I would appreciate if anybody could point out, which of those that are available are set in the Realms.

Possibly, fellow students of these Halls of Candlekeep are willing to share some of their own stuff??

For my part, I am going to post an adventure idea in a few days or weeks (in order to avoid spoilers for my players, it depends on how fast weīre going to finish), introducing a technique to introduce an BBEG and using this NPC to connect several published adventures with your own basic story-arc, so there is no flavour of side-trecking involved. Youīll hear from me when Iīm ready.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alexander Heppe Posted - 23 Feb 2004 : 10:25:17
OK, I do noz use file-sharing programs. My two lilī brothers used the "K" Program a LOT, and both have gotten their systems crashed many times over. So there is no way Iīm ever gonna go into that...
By the way, in a neighbouring community, a friend of my brothers, an avid collector of MP3-files got arrested for software-piracy and has now to pay a 50.000,00 Euro compensation to the music-industry.

By the way, I am an honorable person, and download only stuff legally available. Donīt own a single copyrighted file. Sounds boring? Well, may be, but I donīt carry around that 50K...

Well, i found out recently that dndadventures.com has quite a few stuff available, but i am positive that my fellow students here know of even more...

keep posting...
Bookwyrm Posted - 21 Feb 2004 : 18:28:32
Same here. If anything, buying copyrighted material rather than obtaining it for free makes it more illegal, not less. That's what online piracy actually is. If you make profit on something that's not yours and the person who actually owns it didn't give you permission, you're stealing.

Now, if Kazaa -- I mean, Skullport -- isn't making a profit (that is, if all proceeds go back into maintaining the site and nothing more), then I believe that's different. However, I'm not a copyright lawyer.

Personally, I'd just advise you to stay away from that site. Too dangerous.
SiriusBlack Posted - 21 Feb 2004 : 14:57:57
quote:
Originally posted by Elrond Half Elven
Besides they have started to charge for Kazza, which means that the illegability of it has been dropped? (Read slightly more legal than before ).

No offense, but I fail to see how the fact Kazza is charging now would make anything more legal or illegal than it was before.
Elrond Half Elven Posted - 21 Feb 2004 : 11:02:25
Actually I think when Yasraena was talking abotu Kazza she was meaning the amount of not commercially published adventures you can download. Adventures that have been created by people like us. These are not illegal to download because the author of them have placed them on the p2p server. The Same goes to the various netbooks. These are also freeware thats availible on Kazza.

Besides they have started to charge for Kazza, which means that the illegability of it has been dropped? (Read slightly more legal than before ).

Hanx
Elrond
SiriusBlack Posted - 21 Feb 2004 : 05:48:00
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Kazaa = Skullport. And Alaundo doesn't like unlawful things.

You know that's actually a good analogy.
Bookwyrm Posted - 20 Feb 2004 : 17:36:22
Kazaa = Skullport. And Alaundo doesn't like unlawful things.

You don't want to go there anyway.
Alaundo Posted - 20 Feb 2004 : 10:07:58
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

Are we allowed to talk about such means of acquiring items? I thought Alaundo stated such instructions when the subject last came up.

Well met

Thank ye SiriusBlack! Indeed such is not to be discussed within these halls The latter writings herein will be removed on the moro.

Just a gentle reminder to all Scribes, please refrain from sharing such information publicly within Candlekeep. Thank ye
SiriusBlack Posted - 20 Feb 2004 : 05:20:04
quote:
Originally posted by Yasraena

Hey Alex, there's always the P2P file sharing networks of Kazaa and Bearshare. I've found some really cool stuff off of those, most recenly some Planescape material. It's a lot of hit and miss, but if you're patient, you can find some good stuff.

Are we allowed to talk about such means of acquiring items? I thought Alaundo stated such instructions when the subject last came up.
Shadowlord Posted - 20 Feb 2004 : 04:51:27
Ah, a subtle warning, if I will.

With Kazaa, you run the risk of attracting a virus, and should take necessary precautions to avoid such a fate....

Just giving my 2 cents worth.
Yasraena Posted - 20 Feb 2004 : 04:41:24
Hey Alex, there's always the P2P file sharing networks of Kazaa and Bearshare. I've found some really cool stuff off of those, most recenly some Planescape material. It's a lot of hit and miss, but if you're patient, you can find some good stuff.
Alexander Heppe Posted - 19 Feb 2004 : 16:22:09
Well, thank you so far.

But I have to admit that Iīve been in the FR-DMing thing since 2e came out, so most of the stuff you mentioned is already known by my players. For the candlekeep ones, i downloaded the quite a while back already, same with the wizards website. Oh, and i looked into Northern Journey as well...

I was just wondering, if itīs just me, or ainīt nobody else finding anything more than that on the web??
Bookwyrm Posted - 18 Feb 2004 : 22:45:19
Of course, they don't take that much of a conversion, at least not the ones I've seen.
SiriusBlack Posted - 18 Feb 2004 : 16:59:03
quote:
Originally posted by Alexander Heppe

does anybody know of goos sources for full-fledged modules and/or adventures available for download (and for free, that is)

WOTC has a free downloads page that features some Realms adventures. Check out the following

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/downloads

but be warned, the adventures are from previous editions of D&D.
Alaundo Posted - 18 Feb 2004 : 12:03:20
Well met

A number of adventures can be found over in the Adventures in Faerun section.

I'll certainly look forward to reading your upcoming adventure

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000