Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Most uninsurable person/place in Faerun?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mhamza
Seeker

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2014 :  16:33:58  Show Profile Send mhamza a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Title says it all, what do you guys think is the most uninsurable person/place in Faerun?, personally for me its Mystra, she dies so often you'd think you're reading game of thrones.

idilippy
Senior Scribe

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2014 :  16:49:01  Show Profile Send idilippy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zhentil Keep and Myth Drannor I imagine would be near the top for locations. As for people, I'd think any adventurer intending to travel to Myth Drannor (pre-4e) or Undermountain probably voids any insurance they have.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2014 :  18:32:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mhamza

Title says it all, what do you guys think is the most uninsurable person/place in Faerun?, personally for me its Mystra, she dies so often you'd think you're reading game of thrones.

Three times in 1700 years is "often"?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

mhamza
Seeker

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2014 :  19:08:27  Show Profile Send mhamza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

For a deity it is, especially one as powerful as Mystra.
Go to Top of Page

rangerstranger
Seeker

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2014 :  20:37:12  Show Profile Send rangerstranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

For a deity it is, especially one as powerful as Mystra.

And twice in what, 27, 28 years!?
Go to Top of Page

rangerstranger
Seeker

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2014 :  20:47:02  Show Profile Send rangerstranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd say just about any individual or even an entire Noble house in nearly any Drow City. Anyone headed to Myth Drannor pre 4e would be pretty uninsurable. Any Bhaalspawn as well.
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2014 :  22:02:27  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sakkors/Thultanthor, what company in their right mind would insure a FLYING city that has made enemies of nearly ever other power group in the world? Yes, I have read the Sundering novels and I'm trying not to spoil anything here... ;-)

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7974 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2014 :  22:27:11  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thay. Founded with a bloody, hostile history. Then it just got worse. Every time it was mentioned in any Realmslore.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11716 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2014 :  23:04:21  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't see anyone wanting to insure someone in Veldorn, given the monster population..... Skullport could also qualify as an area that I'd bet insurers would steer clear of.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2014 :  23:42:28  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any gnome priest of Gond with access to smokepowder.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2014 :  04:35:43  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What about Manshoon? How would an agent even be able to identify exactly which specimen of Manshoon he has on his hands, at any given moment in time? And how many more would he have to account for, beyond the immediate one? Do the rates vary in all those different locales? Is the death of one a total loss? Or is there only a marginal depreciation of the overall entity that is Manshoon? With each additional death of a clone, does the relative value of each remaining clone appreciate? If the agent quoted a high premium, would he even survive Manshoon's wrath?

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Veritas
Learned Scribe

209 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2014 :  00:42:50  Show Profile  Visit Veritas's Homepage Send Veritas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Manshoon's greatest victory would be raking in life insurance proceeds as both the insured and the beneficiary of the policy.
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2014 :  04:24:20  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe kill off some of his own clones, just for some extra cash?

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2014 :  17:00:08  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd say Elminster - he gets killed all the time and brought back again and again by either Mystra or an ally. And that's just life insurance. Imagine if you're talking to him about insuring his tower in shadowdale. Its been destroyed almost as many times as it has been mentioned in books.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000