Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Realms Update
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kilvain
Acolyte

6 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2014 :  05:10:59  Show Profile  Visit Kilvain's Homepage Send Kilvain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Overall I think the product has good value, particularly for those who want an adventure filled with political intrigue and no clear lines drawn between good and evil characters. I can see it being an adventure that might test a group of paladins, who would likely find themselves eventually facing off against every faction. If you want hack n slash though, I'm fairly sure this wouldn't be a good choice.

Also, in reference to the computer game again, Murder in Baldur's Gate would make a pretty terrible basis for Baldur's Gate 3 (assuming such a product were ever made). The BG series had a storyline, but it was primarily about combat. Most computer games are, with exceptions like Planescape.

I'd also like to know what happened with Viekang over the years. How did he go from a scared little mouse who involuntarily teleported away at the first sign of another Bhaalspawn to becoming the angry attacker we see in this adventure? Bhaal essence really messes with your head apparently. And Imoen's fate is also a mystery. If the end of the game is invalidated then what happened to her? Perhaps she died in the novelizations. I never read the second book.

My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000