Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Shadow Magic
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Draco Bloodcloak
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2014 :  01:30:08  Show Profile Send Draco Bloodcloak a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings scholars of the great unknown. I'm pretty new to this site, my wizard has taken a interest in Shadow Magic. Unfortunately I can't find any in depth descriptions of it. I've looked around on this site already and learned a little but I feel they are barely scratching the surface and often derailed into other conversations merely relating to Shadow Magic in some form. I'd like to learn just what exactly Shadow Magic is from the basics to the more advanced.

What is it, where does it come from, why does it exist, how is it used. That kind of stuff, I want to be able to RP a practiced Shadow Magic wielding mage with pinpoint accuracy. :P

Nothing from 4e either please, neither I nor the people I play with deal in any lore coming from after 3.5.

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3737 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2014 :  01:36:33  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-There's about a million different "versions" of Shadow Magic. There's 2e Shadow Magic, there's Shadow Weave Magic from 3e- which kind of subsumed the former, but not completely- there's Shadow Magic from the non-FR book Tome of Magic (3e) which can be adapted, and I'm sure there's more I am forgetting.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000