Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Halruaans' Appearance
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2014 :  01:00:01  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've come upon a rather clueless situation. What physical traits marks someone who is "Halruaan" in lineage?

I have found no such description of their appearance anywhere, other than they are a lineage composed of Netherese immigrants and Lapal natives. Only thing I know of Netherese are commonly known to have pale skin, black hair and light colored eyes, such as blue (and unknown about the Lapal physical features).

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2014 :  02:10:16  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the 3.x sourcebook Shining South: "Today, the typical Halruaan has dark hair and skin in any shade from ruddy to deep olive, though an occasional paler-skinned child is born. Eye color ranges from black to chocolate brown to deep green. Halruaan men average about 5 feet 9 inches tall, and women about 3 inches shorter."

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2014 :  02:43:24  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yeah, bear in mind, when they were in Netheril, they were in a very wintry environment. Where they are now is more like a southern America/central American environment. They'll be more tanned, unless they specifically avoid the sun.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2014 :  03:53:17  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Plus the lapal peoples are a chultiush/Turami derivation (so the folk of Halruaa would look something like the folk along the North African coast - Berbers).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2014 :  05:40:51  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xnella Moonblade-Thann

In the 3.x sourcebook Shining South: "Today, the typical Halruaan has dark hair and skin in any shade from ruddy to deep olive, though an occasional paler-skinned child is born. Eye color ranges from black to chocolate brown to deep green. Halruaan men average about 5 feet 9 inches tall, and women about 3 inches shorter."

Maybe I was looking in the wrong place in that book but what page was that on?
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2014 :  23:19:55  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
page 128

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2014 :  23:25:47  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I might be mistaken, but I recall some mention that Halruuans inherited from their Netherese forbears a general prejudice against elves and other demihumans. If this is true, Halruuan-born half-elves (or even humans “tainted“ with demihuman lineage) would likely be quite scarce.

I imagine that Halruuans probably resemble Angardt and Uthgardt barbarians of the North, albeit generally less physically robust and with slightly darker hair/skin tone.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000