Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Halruaans' Appearance

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Razz Posted - 17 Feb 2014 : 01:00:01
I've come upon a rather clueless situation. What physical traits marks someone who is "Halruaan" in lineage?

I have found no such description of their appearance anywhere, other than they are a lineage composed of Netherese immigrants and Lapal natives. Only thing I know of Netherese are commonly known to have pale skin, black hair and light colored eyes, such as blue (and unknown about the Lapal physical features).
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ayrik Posted - 19 Feb 2014 : 23:25:47
I might be mistaken, but I recall some mention that Halruuans inherited from their Netherese forbears a general prejudice against elves and other demihumans. If this is true, Halruuan-born half-elves (or even humans “tainted“ with demihuman lineage) would likely be quite scarce.

I imagine that Halruuans probably resemble Angardt and Uthgardt barbarians of the North, albeit generally less physically robust and with slightly darker hair/skin tone.
sleyvas Posted - 19 Feb 2014 : 23:19:55
page 128

Razz Posted - 19 Feb 2014 : 05:40:51
quote:
Originally posted by Xnella Moonblade-Thann

In the 3.x sourcebook Shining South: "Today, the typical Halruaan has dark hair and skin in any shade from ruddy to deep olive, though an occasional paler-skinned child is born. Eye color ranges from black to chocolate brown to deep green. Halruaan men average about 5 feet 9 inches tall, and women about 3 inches shorter."

Maybe I was looking in the wrong place in that book but what page was that on?
Markustay Posted - 17 Feb 2014 : 03:53:17
Plus the lapal peoples are a chultiush/Turami derivation (so the folk of Halruaa would look something like the folk along the North African coast - Berbers).
sleyvas Posted - 17 Feb 2014 : 02:43:24
yeah, bear in mind, when they were in Netheril, they were in a very wintry environment. Where they are now is more like a southern America/central American environment. They'll be more tanned, unless they specifically avoid the sun.
Xnella Moonblade-Thann Posted - 17 Feb 2014 : 02:10:16
In the 3.x sourcebook Shining South: "Today, the typical Halruaan has dark hair and skin in any shade from ruddy to deep olive, though an occasional paler-skinned child is born. Eye color ranges from black to chocolate brown to deep green. Halruaan men average about 5 feet 9 inches tall, and women about 3 inches shorter."

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000