Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Undraeth
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2014 :  19:15:24  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I came across a stray reference to a drow city underneath Turmish ruled by a queen called Nathglaryst. This city had its links to the surface severed by Harpers between 1146 - 1179 and it sounds like a part of the city is crushed as it severely weakens Nathglaryst's power, although it doesn't say she is killed

A quick search of my archives revealed the name of the city was Undraeth and is located deep beneath the Aphrunn Mountains in Turmish and had tunnels linking it to Oryndoll, Sshamath, Iltkazar and Guallidurth.

The same Undraeth that was attacked by the duergar of Underspires and Duerra herself in -1850 DR.

The same Undraeth and Nathglaryst that sent the kobolds of the tattered cloth tribe to besiege Hlondeth in 527 DR and led to the rise of yuan-ti in Hlondeth.

It looks like this city has had a bit of influence in the lands under and above Turmish and it's interesting because it has a queen. I don't remember any drow settlement having a queen, they always seem to form a tribal organisation involving Houses and other large power groups to keep each other in line.

So this Nathglaryst must be powerful, she is at least 600 years old and must be a super drow to have kept power for so long.

I found a random character that detailed him as a renegade wizard assassin that worshipped Kiaransalee, but that doesn't say what the primary religion of the city was, merely what a renegade worships.

How have we not had more detail about this city.

Anybody know anything more about it than what I have found. A 600 year old drow queen deserved more than a cursory mention.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2014 :  19:42:17  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Polyhedron 140 has a writeup on Undraeth in the Llurth Dreyer article by Eric Boyd, under the "Environs of Llurth Dreyer" section.

If you can't locate it i can quote here relevant parts (like the fact that Nathglaryst is "a sorceress and priestess of Lolth of incredible power" and is "worshiped as an avatar of the Spider Queen"].

Edited by - Demzer on 10 Feb 2014 19:42:46
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2014 :  22:34:54  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome find thankyou, I had wondered whether she was a sorceress or a priest, both is even better.

Her being related to most people in the city is also an interesting one, probably explains the mediocre population with all that inbreeding.

I really should read my stack of polyhedrons more often they have some great stuff in there.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page