Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Vlad Tolenkov; Vampire Consort of Lolth
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2014 :  23:36:01  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I found this tidbit...

Vlad Tolenkov - A sometimes consort to and advisor of Lolth, he resides in a Nightmare World trapped in the Demonweb Pits.

in the D&D Wiki. Does anybody know more of this creature?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  00:19:51  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh he appears in Greyhawk, he clearly has not been seen in the Realms as far as I know. Lolth of course appears in both realms/spheres.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  04:41:32  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
with a drop of planescape logic in your realms, you can sort of ... maybe a little... stretch it...

In the 3rd-Edition Forgotten Realms campaign setting the Demonweb Pits exists as a plane separate from the Abyss, due to the events of the War of the Spider Queen series. The Demonweb Pits is still a layer of the Abyss outside the Forgotten Realms cosmology.
This carries over into 4th edition, where the Demonweb Pits are located in the Astral Sea, along with the dominions of the other greater gods.
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  16:29:40  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was he statted out in GH? I'd be interested in reading any lore available.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  17:09:25  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What GH supplement covers Vlad? He sounds kind of interesting, but I would like to know more about him.

Tarlyn Embersun
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  17:58:54  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

Was he statted out in GH? I'd be interested in reading any lore available.

Vlad Tolenkov, a 15th level magic-user vampire
(AC 1, MV 12"/18", HD 8+3, hp 67, #AT 1, D 5-10 plus
drain 2 energy levels, charm person at -2 on save,
summon rats, bats, or wolves,
shape change to bat, gaseous form at will, regenerate
3 hp per round, immune to sleep, charm, and hold spells, +1
or better weapon to hit). [/quote]

1980 from Queen of the Demonweb Pits

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."

Edited by - Kentinal on 12 Jan 2014 17:59:57
Go to Top of Page

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  18:52:45  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do they have any details about his personality and goals?

Tarlyn Embersun
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  18:58:40  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tarlyn There was not much more, in the modules he was listed as an ally of Lolth with a plan of doing a little killing. There is a little more however Nightworld was only about a page and so not much to gleam from that.

Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2014 :  08:29:54  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if Lloth had many consorts in various multiverses...

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2014 :  22:17:51  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Methinks Lolth-in-Greyhawk is not entirely the same entity as Lolth-in-the-Realms. A bit of a mess, since the Underdark setting was originally intended as an expansion for either of these two worlds (or really, for almost any D&D campaign world), but was eventually entired subsumed within the Realms. The drow of Greyhawk were sort of abandoned, along with their forked version of Lolth.

I still refer to Greyhawk-Lolth by her older name, Lloth. And Greyhawk-drow by their older name, dhaerrow. Although this isn‘t canon.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000