Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 2 topics-Quenthel and twins (may include spoilers)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Feiht
Acolyte

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2004 :  16:01:42  Show Profile  Visit Feiht's Homepage Send Feiht a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I just recently finished the Starlight and Shadows series and am now reading the War of the Spider Queen. In Winwalker, Quenthel is brought to life and in Dissolution, it seems like she has been around forever, with no mention of her being resurected. Maybe with the very long delay in Windwalker coming out, it is confusing the timeline for me, but what exaclty is the Timeline for S&S and for WotSQ?

Also, has anyone else noticed the more porominent usage of twins these days? I remeber a few sets of twins in S&S and now a mention of them in Dissolution. Is there some significance with twins and drow that I have misses somewhere along the lines?

mother1219
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2004 :  16:39:54  Show Profile  Visit mother1219's Homepage Send mother1219 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know exactly what you're wanting in a timeline, but I can tell you this much. There is mention of Quenthel having been resurrected later in the WotSQ series. Gromph and Triel discuss it. I won't give more details than that as to not spoil anything.

History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of men...Godzilla.

Go, Go Godzilla

See my silly blog: http://www.motherlove.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2004 :  17:32:26  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just used twins in Dissolution simply because the idea occurred to me. It wasn't part of any master plan related to the depiction of the FR or the drow. I guess that doesn't mean there is no such master plan, but if there is, nobody's filled me in.
Go to Top of Page

mother1219
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2004 :  19:08:01  Show Profile  Visit mother1219's Homepage Send mother1219 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read Dissolution, and loved it, but I'm afraid I don't recall any twins. Can someone refresh my memory?

History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of men...Godzilla.

Go, Go Godzilla

Go to Top of Page

Feiht
Acolyte

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2004 :  02:02:30  Show Profile  Visit Feiht's Homepage Send Feiht a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In terms of a timeline, I was looking to see how the Starlight and Shadows fit in with the WotSQ, as in how far after S&S is WotSQ.

As for the twins in Dissolution, Greyanna had a twin sister, Sabal, that she poisoned. It is talked about at the beginning of chapter 3.
Go to Top of Page

mother1219
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2004 :  02:33:11  Show Profile  Visit mother1219's Homepage Send mother1219 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of course! Thank you Feiht. I can't believe that had slipped my mind.

Go, Go Godzilla

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2004 :  06:10:58  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Feiht

In terms of a timeline, I was looking to see how the Starlight and Shadows fit in with the WotSQ, as in how far after S&S is WotSQ.

As for the twins in Dissolution, Greyanna had a twin sister, Sabal, that she poisoned. It is talked about at the beginning of chapter 3.

Elaine Cunningham's site at http://www.elainecunningham.com/chronology_of_fr_stories.htm lists the timeline for the S&S series although it does not list Windwalker. I believe that novel takes place in 1361 DR as well. WOTSQ's timeline should be set with the release of the Player's Guide to Faerun. However, it is set or at least was to my knowledge, set within current Realms time.

As for twins...nothing is more deadly than family and who can be deadlier than drow twins, to each other.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2004 :  13:48:49  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dissolution takes places in 1372 DR.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000