Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 PC/ personal help.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tetra_koiwai
Acolyte

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2013 :  18:12:45  Show Profile  Visit Tetra_koiwai's Homepage Send Tetra_koiwai a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So, I'm in an encounters session, and turns out that it's going well. but Treating it like a home game seems to have upset some people, specifically one person that wasn't even playing with us, it subsequently got me banned from our little google groups but it seems I'm free to come and play this evening.

Now I know what you're thinking, what happened?
Well I thought that we should try to make a story from our session by stringing together information by utilizing our large parties in a way to where everyone who wants to turn the session into a fan cannon has the ability to do such, we would vote for an MVP at the end of each session, and that person from each table would collaborate together with the other MVP's to get the cannon of what happened correct and from there we would string it all together. That way everyone has fun and everyone gets to retain their casual mentality or their attempt at gaining some glory.

Tetra_koiwai
Acolyte

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2013 :  18:19:18  Show Profile  Visit Tetra_koiwai's Homepage Send Tetra_koiwai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The problem however, is that this might allegedly complicate things for the DM's, How it would do this, I have no clue. But Due to an argument with a store employee on the matter, it resulted in my ban, as such, I have decided to simply go with the flow and await my moment of glory. The question I ask now is this. How do i turn my CN halfling bard, to a CE halfling bard while not being overly obvious about it. I sacrificed a guy to murkul in the beginning of the last session. The only reason my character did that however was because he personally witnessed a being die in front of him, and his soul went to the gray waste. So he joined the church of one and decided to check it out, once the cleric started going on about cutting himself, and scalping he was kinda not interested, but then it turns out at the end of the encounter the cleric found a medallion of murkul, my bard asked for it as a worshipper and the cleric said he'd sell it to him. At that point he left the church (which was at the time simply himself and the cleric) And is currently planning on what to do if the crystal shard is in fact in ice wind dale. He has a pretty damn good idea of what he wants to do but he's curious if he actually wants to go through with killing off all the party should he attempt to escape with the artifact. (assuming its there that is)

Out of character, I'm not upset at any PC, just mainly upset at the DM's so now I question if I should start simply killing NPC's for the hell of us (which he has drawn blades out at NPC's on at least two occasions and has openly threatened to beat the elk tribe shaman to death should he keep "Flapping off at the mouth" *course he's been wearing something that is slowly turning him evil* So, how should I react to this out of character, and how should my character react to things in character now knowing that ice wind dale has done nothing but mock and attempt to kill him?
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2013 :  18:45:46  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well the first thing occurs to me is the simple one, get a new DM.

Moving on from that turning more toward Evil should not be that hard from neutral. Just act quicker in anger rather then considering should move your character to more Evil aligned. Care less about the party's good when it profits more to benefit your character. Example when collecting treasure, pick pocket a choice gem, by slight of hand or other tricks that results in your character shares in the collected treasure, however took a cut above that is taking something that was not pooled for division.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Tetra_koiwai
Acolyte

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2013 :  19:31:51  Show Profile  Visit Tetra_koiwai's Homepage Send Tetra_koiwai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I can't get a new DM, the DM's at the store so far are fine, we're in encounters (I'd rather be in a homegame but I don't know anyone who runs any) Thing is though, I have been utilizing things that work in my characters favor, it's just been really subtle, Example
the black ice in the campaign setting is suppose to be evil (perhaps a remnant of the crystal shard)

I gave a black ice helm to a local bard in east haven knowing full well that it is said to corrupt people, My character did it only to see if the effects are slower on him or if perhaps the lore is a bunch of BS. Secondly He did offer to join the Ice witch (main antagonist) on two separate occasions once to her face (kinda) during an encounter and once at the elk tribe meeting in front of the elk king and all of the elk tribe itself.

I think My character is likely going to become the secret boss kinda guy. I'll be up with everyone until the end, and then I'll just let them all die and take what I want. I don't want to kill any PC's because I like em, and the DM's are all ok in my book, its just that My character isn't likely to keep doing this due to his background and purpose in the region. I like to give life to characters, I get that it's just a game and I shouldn't take it too seriously, but realistically (in a fantasy setting anyway) He's risking his life for free and helping out people for free, and getting nothing in return for it. Only what he takes off of those whom he encounters in battles.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000