Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Information on Mystra's Monasteries
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ConnerWhiteblade
Acolyte

Italy
2 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2013 :  21:29:57  Show Profile  Visit ConnerWhiteblade's Homepage Send ConnerWhiteblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for informations about Monsteries of the order of the Weave Tenders. It's a small order devoted to Mystra and, according to an article I've read, "small monasteries of these monks can be found on the outskirts of wild or dead magic zones where they tirelessly study, pray, and ponder how to fix the weave in these places"..
Can anyone tell me something more?
Especially I need to know if any monastery of this order is mentioned in books or official sources and - if it is so - where can I found the locations.

Thank you very much!

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2013 :  22:22:43  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This sounds alot like the valorous organisation called the Guardians of the Weave (found in the 3.5 tome Champions of Valor) active in the 1370'-ties. They've got lieutenant's homes (minor shrines) in nearly all major cities in Faerun, and keep tabs on shadowweave users and dead magic zones across the North, Swordcoast and Tethyr mainly and use small outposts in more distant locales (such as Damara, Mulhorand and Chessenta).

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Creature Feature: Giant Spiders
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2013 :  22:36:15  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there a main focal point where they reside? Such as an original monastery or place of worship? Like the first EVER monastery? I was curious about that.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2013 :  22:37:28  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a big fan of Mystra and most of my characters WOULD follow her without question, as I'd only play 3.5e if I did. Before she was killed, and due to the fact that I mainly have wizards as characters.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2013 :  23:30:36  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Guardians of the Weave are but a minor splinter organisation (technically seperate from but) within the greater church of Mystra, and hold their unofficial center of operations in Silverymoon. But they orginated from Waterdeep ever since the orginal founder (a female adventuring wizard named Aluvauna Thornym) barely survived an encounter with a Zhent wizard versed in the use of the Shadow Weave.

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Creature Feature: Giant Spiders
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2013 :  14:59:06  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What article did you originally find the information in Conner?

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

ConnerWhiteblade
Acolyte

Italy
2 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2013 :  16:35:47  Show Profile  Visit ConnerWhiteblade's Homepage Send ConnerWhiteblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here on Candlekeep.com: http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/monks.htm
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2013 :  16:40:22  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah. Well that is a fan work so it wouldn't have a reference anywhere else. You have to ask Lee Nelson.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000