Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Favored Deity, Devil, etc.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  13:04:07  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've been quite curious, with all the greater deities, lesser deities, devils, primordials, etc. I wanted to know, which one(s) were or ARE your favorite? Why are they your favorite? Does your character you play worship or revere them? It would be good to get some new and exciting opinions on your favorites. And maybe I can learn a little more of the Realms from my fellow sages.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  13:10:39  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My two favorites were Mystra, the greater deity. As I am a lover of magic and wizards in general. She was first known to me through the Elminster series. As he was one of the Chosen of Mystra, as we all know. Although she is dead I still favor her GREATLY.

The second would be Bhaal, whom was a intermediate deity of a sorts. He too is dead as we all know, but I heard otherwise from fellow sages. Anyway I first learned of him through Baldur's Gate. Found the lineage and history to be fascinating, to say the least. I never had anyone whom worshiped or served him but I still found him interesting.

I am still learning about the Realms and plan on finding more deities to admire and favor. Maybe my fellow sages will bring me new ones to find of interest? Who knows! But those are my two, for now.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  13:35:34  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sharess, because I've always had a thing for Baast.

I also have a strange admiration for Shaundakul, even though he is on the bottom tier. I've always rooted for the under-dogs.

As for fiends, I have many favorites, and not all are from D&D and folklore - quite a few are from Marvel Comics. Marvel's Mephisto would definitely be a top contender for that spot.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 07 Dec 2013 19:56:13
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  13:39:28  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Sharess, because I've always had a thing for Baast.

I also have a strange admiration for Shaundakul, even those his on the bottom tier. I've always rooted for the under-dogs.

As for fiends, I have many favorites, and not all are from D&D and folklore - quite a few are from Marvel Comics. Marvel's Mephisto would definitely be a top contender for that spot.

Because sometimes, the under-dogs rise to the top and throw everyone off!

Yes I agree, I used to enjoy seeing Mephisto in the comics. One of the few fiends or devils I liked. I had one or two I recall from Elminster In Hell, but they also bugged me so I disregard them.

~Joneleth Irenicus

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  14:55:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My personal fave among the deities of the Realms is Lurue, for her whimsical nature.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  14:57:04  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, we have Wooly's input! I do not know that one, I shall have to read about her.

~Joneleth Irenicus

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  14:59:39  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Demigod, Sharess.

Dead God Auspenar

Pretending to be a dead God Leira

Greater Deity Sune

Archfey Non Evil Hyrsam the Satyr Prince

Archfey Evil the Bat Lord

Elder Evil Caiphon the Wanderer

Intermediate God Lovitar

Archdevil Glasya

Archdevil God: Asmodeaus

Demon Prince: Lynkhab, close second Dagon.

Slaadi Lord: Rennuu Buu Lord of Colour

Primordial: Haask voice of Hargut

Tome Archon: Domiel

Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  15:01:03  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh wow, quite a list there Gyor.

~Joneleth Irenicus

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  15:17:56  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've also had characters enjoy Waukeen as their patron deity. But most of them were 'merchant like', or thieves.

~Joneleth Irenicus

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  15:34:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alruane

Ah, we have Wooly's input! I do not know that one, I shall have to read about her.

Lurue, the Unicorn, also called Silverymoon, was originally Ed's deity of magic for the Realms. She is now the deity of talking beasts and intelligent animals.

From a prior post of mine:

The whole point of a patron deity is that you follow the one who most closely matches your own nature. Here's what the Powers and Pantheons says:

"The Queen of Talking Beasts and Intelligent Creatures is often taken with wanderlust. She can be whimsical but is infinitely loyal once she takes someone into her trust, and she never abandons her worshippers in times of need. When faced with no other option that combat, Lurue is a dedicated and intractable foe, but she prefers light banter, clever riddles, new discoveries, and the joyous exploration of life.

The Unicorn is a symbol of hope, joy, salvation, and protection for the needy, forlorn, and forsaken. Life is to be relished and lived with laughter. Quests are to be taken on a dare and gifts are to be made on a whim. Impossible dreams are to be pursued for the sheer wonder of the possibility of their completion. Everyone, no matter how unique, is to be praised for their strengths and comforted in their weaknesses. Evil melts most quickly in the face of a rapier wit and unshackled joy. Search for the unicorn and in the pursuit find happiness.

Many of Lurue's clergy are adventurers who travel about the Realms seeking wrongs to right and finding a good balance of merriment, new experiences, and self-improvement in such a profession.
"

Plus, the city of Silverymoon was named after her, and that's one of my fave places in the Realms. Her affiliated order, the Order of the Unicorn, was founded by the Knights of the Unicorn, "a romantic, whimsical group of high-born adventurers."

And that's why she is my fave -- she's the one that most closely matches my own personality. Though, if Golarion's Cayden Cailean was in the Realms, he'd be a close second.

Other top choices:

Good:

Eilistraee
Lathander
Shaundakul
Tymora
Mielikki
Selűne

Neutral:

Finder Wyvernspur
Oghma
Ubtao
Waukeen

Evil:

Bane (particularly given my believe that Bane 2.0 is actually Xvim in disguise)
Vhaerun
Mask
Ghaunadar

Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  15:47:15  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I can safely assume, she was replaced with Mystra as the deity for magic?

I see, so would you say it's your own nature for yourself? Or for your characters? Because as far as my true self, that's a bit difficult to pinpoint. But Character-wise, I have a few they may follow. It all depends, I suppose.

AH YES! I forgot, Oghma. How could I overlook that one...?!

~Joneleth Irenicus

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  16:28:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

When it came time to publish the Realms, one of the TSR folks spoke with Ed, and they decided that a humanocentric deity of magic would be more appropriate than a unicorn. So Lurue wound up dropping out of the picture until partway through 2nd Edition.

In published Realms canon, she has not been a deity of magic.

quote:

I see, so would you say it's your own nature for yourself? Or for your characters? Because as far as my true self, that's a bit difficult to pinpoint. But Character-wise, I have a few they may follow. It all depends, I suppose.

Lurue is the perfect choice for me, the hamster behind the keyboard. One of my PCs (and eventual Lord of Waterdeep) was a follower of Lurue, but my other (good-aligned) PCs/NPCs generally follow Lathander or Tymora. I'm currently sitting on a write-up for a mage character who is a follower of Shaundakul.

My minotaur worships Tymora, Lathander (due to his time in Myth Drannor) and Shaundakul, but he'd be Cayden Cailean's most devoted subject if Cayden was in the Realms. Takk, my minotaur, is quite interested in beer and ale -- to the point of naming the horses that pull his chariot after ales!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 07 Dec 2013 16:33:00
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  16:32:39  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

When it came time to publish the Realms, one of the TSR folks spoke with Ed, and they decided that a humanocentric deity of magic would be more appropriate than a unicorn.

quote:

Lurue is the perfect choice for me, the hamster behind the keyboard. One of my PCs (and eventual Lord of Waterdeep) was a follower of Lurue, but my other (good-aligned) PCs/NPCs generally follow Lathander or Tymora. I'm currently sitting on a write-up for a mage character who is a follower of Shaundakul.

Oh okay, I guess that makes sense!

I've had followers of Lathander a couple of times, not too much as I hardly play a "wholly good" character.
A mage you say? You have piqued my interest! Haha
I'd like to see said character one day, if possible?

~Joneleth Irenicus

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  16:33:12  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah, I'm kind of proud of it, its got some semideity cosmic beings that are cool, but which would likely never occur to anyone.

Like Caiphon is a common star pact warlock patron and actually acts as if its belevolant and kind most of the time, allowing for moments of pure treachery.

Lynkhab, Lady of Depression and Desire, I like because she's the only Demon Prince that can be kept at bay by antidepessants. The power of Prosiac compels you! In the name of Sigmund Frued I banish you back into the Abyss! Lol.

Plus she ironic, an Evil Demon Prince whose nature forces her to selflessly serve others, she grants everyone, but her own desires. Rules of the Singing Cliffs Layer of the Abyss.

Hyrsam I like because I can see making a pact with him straight forward, nookie for magic deals. Plus its nice to have an important Archfey who isn't an Elderin.

Bat Lord was really cool in the Key of Stars novels.

And Haask voice of Hargut was a Immortal Doppelganger Batrachi Lord who ruled over a Kingdom of Minatuars and who got fused to the Primordial Hargut and who is one of the Seven Lost Gods. Lots of cool hooks with Haask, voice of Hargut.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  16:34:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I've got him all written up and ready to publish; I just haven't done that, yet. This character was quite tricky to come up with, since one of the fundamental concepts was his lack of legs...

Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  16:39:06  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I've got him all written up and ready to publish; I just haven't done that, yet. This character was quite tricky to come up with, since one of the fundamental concepts was his lack of legs...

Lac of legs?! O.o
Well then, you seemed to have stepped outside the box with this one...no offense to the poor mages lack of 'Stepping' abilities, at this point.

~Joneleth Irenicus

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  16:42:46  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gyor

quote:

Yeah, I'm kind of proud of it, its got some semideity cosmic beings that are cool, but which would likely never occur to anyone.

Like Caiphon is a common star pact warlock patron and actually acts as if its belevolant and kind most of the time, allowing for moments of pure treachery.

Lynkhab, Lady of Depression and Desire, I like because she's the only Demon Prince that can be kept at bay by antidepessants. The power of Prosiac compels you! In the name of Sigmund Frued I banish you back into the Abyss! Lol.

Plus she ironic, an Evil Demon Prince whose nature forces her to selflessly serve others, she grants everyone, but her own desires. Rules of the Singing Cliffs Layer of the Abyss.

Hyrsam I like because I can see making a pact with him straight forward, nookie for magic deals. Plus its nice to have an important Archfey who isn't an Elderin.

Bat Lord was really cool in the Key of Stars novels.

And Haask voice of Hargut was a Immortal Doppelganger Batrachi Lord who ruled over a Kingdom of Minatuars and who got fused to the Primordial Hargut and who is one of the Seven Lost Gods. Lots of cool hooks with Haask, voice of Hargut.

Well the backgrounds alone make them interesting. Or rather, their nature as deity-like beings.

~Joneleth Irenicus

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  16:57:46  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it'd be cool to see the Chosen of these beings.

Can you imagine being the Chosen of Lynkhab, Haask voice of Hargut, Caiphon, or Hyrsam?

The response of most on Faerun would be, who? And after that, except for Hyrsam who'd likely chose a Satyr or Nymph, the response would likely be shear horror.

And one shudders to think of what sort of power Haask voice of Hargut would grant to his chosen.
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  17:05:46  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ya know, since you mentioned it, I am curious as to the chosen ones. I mean, it would be very interesting to see, maybe a little hilarious. But even still, I wouldn't mind catching a glimpse at them. Haha

~Joneleth Irenicus

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  19:00:32  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah party made up of thier chosen, especially if they're not evil, could be hilarious
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  19:16:06  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the gods...a party of the Chosen!? Putting them in one area together, I don't think anything would get done. And if it did, every viewing it would be on the floor dying of laughter.

~Joneleth Irenicus

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7974 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  20:22:15  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Azuth had some appeal, provided one could look beyond his total dependence upon incompetent Mystra and, of course, the fact that WotC kinda killed him off in 4E. Azuth in my campaign managed to become a self-reliant deity during one of Mystra‘s little interregna, and he was never idiotic enough to take a little stroll down in the bottom of the Nine Hells (instead, he just did a lot of scrying there, and made an interesting Faustian bargain with old Asmodeus which benefits and costs them both dearly).

I must admit I have always been partial to Selune, strangley.

But Gruumsh is where it‘s at for me. Canon be damned, the blood of my orcs has never been polluted by the filthy modern humanistic weaknesses presented in official lore.

Charon, as depicted in D&D and earliest Greek mythologies, is a being who has long fascinated me.

And Moander. I have long speculated on his originally being a nature god sort who was corrupted by a sort of Far Realms Lovecraftian “disease“ ... sort of like a meme/theme/virus with divine rank, if you will. In this capacity, I view Moander as being sort of beyond the “normal“ cycles of (super)nature. Bashaba (Tyche) and perhaps Cyric (through one of the godlings he subsumed) also possess aspects of this contagion.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  21:53:06  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My personal favorite is, and shall always be, Eilistraee. But I also like several other deities;

Good
Mystra
Selune
Angharradh/Aerdrie Faenya/Hanali Celanil/Sehanine Moonbow
Sharess/Bast
Lurue
Lliira
Sune
Corellon Larethian
Tymora
Mielikki
Lathander

Neutral
Oghma
Erevan Ilesere
Thoth
Shaundakul
Waukeen
Gond
Tempus
Kelemvor
The Elemental Lords (Akadi, Grumbar, Istishia, Kossuth)

Evil
Loviatar
Beshaba
Zinzerena (a deceased drow goddess of assassins)
Mask
Vhaeraun
Gruumsh
Sseth/Set/Zehir (I consider all three to be the same deity)
Kiaransalee
Laogzed (god of troglodytes; don't quite know why I like him, though it might be because my sister thinks he's disgusting)

My current (due to the fact I'm still writing stories about him) character, Drustan Dwnhaedan (hmm... maybe I should have chosen a different username), worships and serves EIlistraee (as a ranger), Selune (as a cleric), and Mystra (as a sort of contact between all three temples).

...At least, he did, until the events of the Lady Penitent trilogy and Cyric killed off two of the three; now Drustan refuses to worship ANY deities* (he convinced himself Selune betrayed Eilistraee and Mystra). Of course, since he managed to transform himself into a quasi-deity (during one of his early attempts to resurrect Eilistraee... it's kind of a long story), I'm not sure he needs to worship deities anymore.

*This isn't entirely true; he still worships Eilistraee and Mystra, in spite of the fact their dead. (...and, deep down, he knows Selune isn't really responsible for what happened to the Dark Maiden and the Lady of Mysteries.)

Edited by - Drustan Dwnhaedan on 07 Dec 2013 21:55:43
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  22:04:55  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Drustan, aside from your impressive list, you have spun quite a tale about this character. Such an interesting tale, I'd most likely read about this person.

~Joneleth Irenicus

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11716 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2013 :  15:45:58  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Velsharoon, because I was glad to see

A) a god who advanced to deity status from mortal by his own achievements (granted, he had help, but he put in the work)
B) a god who was a red wizard, to the point of being one of the original red wizards from Halruaa
C) a god who was over necromancy, and yet was the mortal enemy of Szass Tam

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2013 :  02:00:52  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mystra was always my favorite because I love magic (especially as put forth in the Realmslore) although I must admit she has lost some of her luster for me as being less interesting than other deities. I think her humanity and good alignment is what through me off the most. I prefer a deity of magic to be of neutral alignment to better reflect all uses/aspects of magic (and Mystra is N in my campaign).

Helm is one of my favorites because he most closely resembles my own beliefs/attitude.

I also like Lathander, Chauntea, Bane, Mask, Shaundakul, Azuth, Torm, Gruumsh, Moradin, Selune, Eilistraee, Vhaeraun, Yondalla, Tempus, Clangedding, Dumathoin, Berronar, Lurue, and even Eldath.

Deities that I'm not overly fond of include Tyr and Ilmater (replaced by Mishakal from DL in my homebrew). I'm pretty much neutral towards most others.

I like Asmodeus, Mephistopholes, Grazzt, Orcus, Demogorgon and pretty much all of the daemonlords.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Jergals Spare Scythe
Acolyte

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2013 :  22:11:54  Show Profile Send Jergals Spare Scythe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Favorite devil: Levistus. I've long been amused by the 2nd coldest place in the Hells, and it's ruler's predicament.

Favorite demon: Graz'zt. Truly he is the Sean Connery-Pan-hustler-type of the Abyss. What's not to like?

Favorite elemental god: Grumbar. A priest trying to convince people not to fly or take ship voyages makes me chuckle for some reason.

Favorite demigod: Jergal, of course. He's outlasted most greater deities, and I hope he will be prominently featured in 5th ed.

Favorite lesser deity: Gorm Gulthyn. A dying god who refused to quit defending his people fascinates me to this day.

Favorite intermediate deity: Helm. My outlook on life mirrored Helm's when I was younger, but as I've grown older and more cynical...

Favorite former intermediate deity: Mask. Not for thievery, but his emphasis on shadows and intrigue.

Favorite greater deity: Corellon Larethian. My first character in 3rd edition was a half-elf cleric of same.

"Seek to bring order to the chaos of life, for in death there is finality and a fixedness of state. Be ready for death for it is at hand and uncompromising."

Excerpt from Jergal's Dogma, Faiths and Pantheons, page 99
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2013 :  22:50:46  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mask was always interesting to me for more than one reason, obviously.

~Joneleth Irenicus

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2013 :  23:21:07  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hoar is my favorite deity, ever since I played an aspiring rogue champion of his faith on a NWN roleplay server for a few years strait. Achieving bitter sweet vengeance drove that character nearly to the brink of madness. He had such an interesting relationship with both the Tyrran and Sharran faiths in that game, and it really pulled on my personal strings.

My personal second favorite is Eilistraee, for all her tenaciousness, her wise huntsman skills and swordmanship. Her looks help.

For evil deities Shar takes the first spot, she's definately the one goddes that should be feared the most. I love the fact her longterm machinations are incomprehensibly evil, but her short term actions can easily be misunderstood to be motherly compassionate.

I give mad props to Cyric, for scaring the bejeebuz out of the faerunian pantheon while being only a fledgling godling of mad schemes. Like his infiltrator type clerics alot.

I also like Helm, the Triad (Torm, Tyr and Ilmater), Shaundakul, Selune, Sune, Mystryl (the broken human version), Lurue, Lathander, Silvanus, Nobanion, Kelemvor, Garagos, Tymora, Mask and Finder Wyvernspur.

Of the racial pantheons I like Vhaeraun, Selvetarm, Ilneval, Erevan Ilesere, Fenmarel Mestarine, Sehanine Moonbow, Urdlen, Diinkarazan (god of Derro), Berronar, and Sseth.

I like Mephistopholes, Dispater and Bel of the devil lords, with Gargauth as my favorite.

Lolth is a pretty bad ass amongst the daemonlords, but the topspot amongst them is Pazrael for me.

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Creature Feature: Giant Spiders
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11716 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2013 :  00:06:19  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bladewind

Hoar is my favorite deity, ever since I played an aspiring rogue champion of his faith on a NWN roleplay server for a few years strait. Achieving bitter sweet vengeance drove that character nearly to the brink of madness. He had such an interesting relationship with both the Tyrran and Sharran faiths in that game, and it really pulled on my personal strings.

My personal second favorite is Eilistraee, for all her tenaciousness, her wise huntsman skills and swordmanship. Her looks help.

For evil deities Shar takes the first spot, she's definately the one goddes that should be feared the most. I love the fact her longterm machinations are incomprehensibly evil, but her short term actions can easily be misunderstood to be motherly compassionate.

I give mad props to Cyric, for scaring the bejeebuz out of the faerunian pantheon while being only a fledgling godling of mad schemes. Like his infiltrator type clerics alot.

I also like Helm, the Triad (Torm, Tyr and Ilmater), Shaundakul, Selune, Sune, Mystryl (the broken human version), Lurue, Lathander, Silvanus, Nobanion, Kelemvor, Garagos, Tymora, Mask and Finder Wyvernspur.

Of the racial pantheons I like Vhaeraun, Selvetarm, Ilneval, Erevan Ilesere, Fenmarel Mestarine, Sehanine Moonbow, Urdlen, Diinkarazan (god of Derro), Berronar, and Sseth.

I like Mephistopholes, Dispater and Bel of the devil lords, with Gargauth as my favorite.

Lolth is a pretty bad ass amongst the daemonlords, but the topspot amongst them is Pazrael for me.

Yeah, I was rather pissed when they turned Hoar entirely full evil. He had a really good role where he was. Now he's just Shar's second fiddle.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Lord Bane
Senior Scribe

Germany
479 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2013 :  10:34:49  Show Profile Send Lord Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hoar is in service to Bane, not Shar.

The driving force in the multiverse is evil, for it forces good to act.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000