Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Irenicus: The Shattered One.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2013 :  20:07:25  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
On the topic at hand though, I'd really like to delve more into Irenicus' life. Maybe have a novel about his life UP until his elven heritage was stripped from him. Maybe make it into a few novels such as:

Early stages of life

Teen to young adult learning magic

Older age as he grew to love Ellesime and wanted power for himself

His final moments as an elf, onto his capture of the Bhaalspawn, etc.

I just always found him interesting, and wanted to learn more of his past. Also to further get a better look at Suldanessellar maybe? Just various points about his life, and perhaps Bhodi's.

Any thoughts?

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2013 :  23:01:58  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a fanfic link about Irenicus, although it takes place after the events of Throne of Bhaal. If you're serious about getting to know him, why not write your own? He is an interesting villian and he was given great depth in the game.

http://www.onlinefiction.net/Ashes/Ashes_ch1.html

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2013 :  23:13:40  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

Here is a fanfic link about Irenicus, although it takes place after the events of Throne of Bhaal. If you're serious about getting to know him, why not write your own? He is an interesting villian and he was given great depth in the game.

http://www.onlinefiction.net/Ashes/Ashes_ch1.html

Interesting indeed!
I would but I would only do so if it remained canon to his history. But I can't write under FR without consent, but I'd LOVE to. But he really was, I could always take notes from the books he was in. As well as what little lore we were given during the games and such. If I am to write anything about him I'd have enough knowledge to try and create a past for him... hmmm. Thanks for the input, fellow sage.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2013 :  23:45:59  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If anyone can correct me on this then please do. As I understand it, fanfic is perfectly legal and needs no consent so long as you do not make money from your work. Also, I'm not sure that any other canon has been given regarding Irenicus (and that strictly from the novels) so anything you write would be entirely new. And, who knows, perhaps your work would make it into canon one day (it's happened that way before I believe...we would have to ask George Krashos or another author/developer/sage).

Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2013 :  23:48:00  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would have to add though, that at this point, anything written about Irenicus would likely not make it into canon as the timeline is so far advanced that it would likely be ignored in terms of inclusion in the lore.

Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2013 :  23:50:39  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No of course, fanfic is perfectly legal! I just meant I would like to write actual novels on him, that HOPEFULLY could become canon! I could write fanfics all day, I just want to have something that all fans of Irenicus can say is factual. Something that is true about his character and past, and maybe a little insight into the past of Suldanessellar itself. Kind of a two for one deal, in a way.

~Joneleth Irenicus

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2013 :  23:55:58  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

I would have to add though, that at this point, anything written about Irenicus would likely not make it into canon as the timeline is so far advanced that it would likely be ignored in terms of inclusion in the lore.

Well as far as just a canon novel of the times in his life, similar to Elminsters life. Something to say how his history truly was, nothing to keep incorporating into FR works. Just simple books for fans of his life and how he came to be, whether it be one large book. Or several in a mini series of books.

~Joneleth Irenicus

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2013 :  07:06:50  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it is legal, if it is satire, and just say that you wrote a story that made sense.
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2013 :  12:07:01  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by silverwolfer

it is legal, if it is satire, and just say that you wrote a story that made sense.

At this point, I am not really bugged by the idea that I cannot add factual canon to his story. I may just begin writing the stories, and post them to get critiques. Maybe short stories at first, and then work on an actual novel. Nothing factual, just MY idea of his history.

~Joneleth Irenicus

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2013 :  13:30:47  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, at this point it would be fanfic. I do not think there are enough fans to support a true cannon set of novels, or one novel. So short story fanfics are my only option. For now.

~Joneleth Irenicus

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000