Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 D&D Origins.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1844 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2013 :  21:54:30  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was 12 years old, walking down the street passing by a friend's house. He and another friend were in the garage playing DnD with the Keep on the Borderlands. I've been an addict ever since.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2013 :  21:56:12  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So you could say it was a chance happening that you came across the game?

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2013 :  11:03:08  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess you can say I will have a memorable re-origins story to tell soon. Purchased Pathfinder BB and will be DM for my sister and brother, so more will come once we get into my homebrewed realms.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Cbad285
Learned Scribe

160 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2014 :  10:21:12  Show Profile Send Cbad285 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was 13 or 14. My mother had just married the mailman, his name is Gary. She decided to leave florida where I had lived all my life and move us to michigan. I hated life, and I hated gary. Eventually we got to know each other, and one day he was cleaning out a closet and pulled out his D&D books. I was like, wtf is D&D...So he ran a little game for me off the hip. I was an avariel elf who got his wings cut off and was in an orc dungeon. I was also a druid. I managed to escape, kill some orcs and got myself a panther to roll with. We drew it all out on loose leaf paper and green crayon...I was hooked

"Beware the Dream Fever!"
Go to Top of Page

Plaguescarred
Learned Scribe

Canada
190 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2014 :  14:00:29  Show Profile Send Plaguescarred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was while watching the BIG BOYS playing D&D that i got my first experience with the game. We little boys would sit in the basement listening and watching them making funny voices and rolling strange-shaped dice. Until one of our friend's big brother decided to introduced us with the Red Box. There is always a big brother.....: )

This was in the 80's, and i am lucky enought to play with the same old friends, and the big brother who got us into D&D, a chance not all D&D players have i know.

Yan
Playtester

Edited by - Plaguescarred on 08 Mar 2014 14:00:21
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000