Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Need a deity for my priest!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pluddon
Seeker

57 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2013 :  00:01:32  Show Profile Send Pluddon a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I am looking for a non-evil deity for my priest to worship In My fr campaign! It can be a god or demipower but preferably something a little different from the usual. Thanks

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2013 :  01:02:04  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What sort of non-evil personality do you have in mind? What quirks, likes, dislikes, etc, does your character have?

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2013 :  01:04:52  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well there are many not evil deities, it might help to know what race your character is and also interest, such as law, fairness, charity, etc. Some deities of course non good or evil as well.
Any of us can offer names, and basic dogma of a deity. It clearly would help if you indicated the type of worldview your character has, other then simple does not like evil.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Pluddon
Seeker

57 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2013 :  01:24:23  Show Profile Send Pluddon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was thinking human or half elf, very fond of the sea and sailing, living on the coast. They would love travel and be happy to help those who are on a journey.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2013 :  02:08:10  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lathander or maybe Tymora , both appear to have some interest in travel. Lathander though does appear to lean more to helping others, then Tymora.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2013 :  02:11:32  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shaundakul.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2013 :  02:26:25  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Shaundakul.

-- George Krashos

Yes indeed could be a good choice, the deity was not on my quick list.

Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2013 :  02:27:59  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What Edition are you playing?

Only asking because some Pantheons disappeared in 4th (Which sucked because I loved the Mulhorandi pantheon and the rich history from 2ed)
Go to Top of Page

Pluddon
Seeker

57 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2013 :  02:43:31  Show Profile Send Pluddon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys; and I am currently playing 2nd ed
Go to Top of Page

ksu_bond
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
214 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2013 :  03:43:40  Show Profile Send ksu_bond a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An uncommon deity for a half-elf near the ocean...I'd go with Valkur the Mighty (Ysgard, CG), whose portfolio includes sailors, the safety of ships, favorable winds, and navel combat...is allied with the Red Knight, Selune, and Tempus and counts as his foes Auril, Malor, Talos, and Umberlee...

Edited by - ksu_bond on 21 Sep 2013 03:55:56
Go to Top of Page

Pluddon
Seeker

57 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2013 :  04:17:11  Show Profile Send Pluddon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I looked at Valkur but wanted more if a traveller. I think I will be going with shaundakal for my priest.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000