Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Diferent Ending for The Empyrean Odyssey [SPOILER
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Valmon
Acolyte

Brazil
11 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2013 :  06:14:38  Show Profile Send Valmon a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

Hello Guys,

I dont know you but I did not like the ending of The Empyrean Odyssey... mainly because of Pharaun Mizrim redemption in the end. I think theres a lot of effort in forgotten to rendem the Drows...
Pharaun Mizzrym is not a evil character but neither he is good. In the ending scene I dont think he should have sacrificed him self for his son, because I think this is out of his personality... He could be helping in the fight... but in the end... when the danger get closes... I think he certainly would retreat...

And he was not damned... He was in a vessel... he could teleport away and executed the lichdoom ritual.... so I created a draft of a history where Pharaun Mizrim would have survived... tell me what u think...

Sorry for the bad english. It is not my first language.

How should have been the final battle in The Empyrean Odyssey:

"All happened too quickly before aliiza’s eyes, the demons attacking, her son falling and Pharaun starting a spell casting. There was something wrong, and she saw it when her eyes crosses pharaun’s. “I’m sorry” his lips spelled"
"He teleported away."

A future book with Pharaun Mizzrym.

Pharaun Mizzrym
He must act quickly, each passing hour dragged him quicker to the grave. It was hard to find all those ingredients in such a hurry. But now all was gathered and ready to be used. This was a difficult ritual and a wizard would do well to prepare himself for years. One mistake and he could spend an eternity as a ghoul, roaming the underdark mindlessly. But he cannot wait, his body, this vessel, is wasting itself. Lichdoom is his only salvation. Lichdoom would bring him immortality, power and the time he needed to complete his revenge. Because he did not forget, oh sweet Quentel Baenre, he did not forget the betrayal. Maybe this was planned all along? Maybe Lolth allowed his soul to return, to test the faith of her darling little priestess. If so, then he would succeed. But first of all he should finish the ritual. First of all, he would need to die.

Matron Mizzrym

Matron Mizzrym was in her throne chamber. Her throne was made of solid onyx , richly decorated in a golden web pattern. Rubys and saphires were all along the surface, encrusted in the very rock. It was told that the throne itself was cutted from one elder earth elemental summoned by a deep gnome priest in his last moments fighting a powerful drow priestess. From the elemental the throne was crafted and the deep gnome soul was now imprisoned in the giant diamond at the top of the throne. But she was not that priestess. She bought the throne from house Vasthrum when they were in a despaired need of gold. That was Matron Mizzrym true passion, gold and above that get precious treasures from her broken rivals. House Mizzrym was rich, so rich in fact that even House Baenren borrowed her money from time to time and of course she was intended to charge it, in time of course. It’s said that the deep gnome’s screams of pain could still be heard if you listen to it close enough. The screams certainly sooth the Matron Mother mood, but not now. She was not pleased.
- I told you already Matron Mother, Matron… Matron Alora intend to pay half of the debit now and the other half quicker as possible.
Matron Mizzrym looked down at the male drow. She did not let pass that Matron Alora send her a male to parley her debit and worse than that, a common male.
- Tell Matron Alora that her time is running out… if she is not willing to pay what she must I will have to take more severe action… you are dismissed.
The male bowed deeply and tried hard not to look in panic. He knew well how matron alora would react to these news and so knew Matron Mizzrym. His doom amused her for a while and improved her mood. The years have been good to house Mizzrym, to be the fifth house of menzoberranzan was a very comfortable position, but only the fools would relax in a such position. Now, more the never, her house would be target of ambitious new matrons. Graciously she passed the doors from the throne chamber to her private ones. The lesser priestesses at the doors lowered their heads to her passage as expected. She was tired, the time for her reverie was coming and so she headed directed to her private chambers. They were unusually big , full of gold, golden spider silk and perfume. When was about to lay down on her bed Matron Mizzrym felt something strange, a weird chilling in the dark. Was her house under attack and was she unaware? No, this was different, cold, dangerous and yet so familiar. She heard the voice before seeing.
- Hello Mother, it has been a while.
It was Pharaun, her heretic son, the one she sent away in pursuit of Lolth’s silence. After Quentel returned, she called upon her powers to divine his fate and she discovered. He was dead.
- What have you done to yourself? – Asked Matron Mizzrym, now looking to her son in disgust. – How dare you come before me like this?
Pharaun looked direct to her mother face and for a second was amused how this simple act was still difficult. Even in this new form.
- Oh Mother, I knew you would be so happy to see me… you should see your face… although I think a hug and a kiss would be more maternal.
Her face changed, from a confusion to anger in seconds, her hands touched her whip and the serpents hissed in anticipation.
- Don’t worry mother, I am fine and I mean you no harm. You see, my arrival is most fortunate. Lolth has blessed you. I’m here to satisfy your most important desire. I’m here to kill Quentel Baenre.
Matron Mizzrym exploded in laugh.
- To kill Quentel Baenre you say? Oh my son, you are even stupider than I thought. No one could kill her now. Not the one sent for Lolth herself to lead the faith. She is high in Lolth’s favors.
The chambers suddenly turned very cold. The touch of death was everywhere and Matron Mizzrym tried not to cover her body almost naked, she would not show weakness now.
- I think you underestimate me mother. She will fail. I will give you her pulsing heart and then? Will you love me?.

Her web covers all

and the World is her prey
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000