Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Anyone up for a possible 3.5 play by post game?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2013 :  07:29:54  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Am curious on the sites members willingness ,in trying out a 3.5 play by post style game?

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6354 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2013 :  08:41:20  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I run a 3.75(ish) play by email game if you cant find anyone to play by post.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2013 :  22:32:52  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Playing by post, huh? I've never tried that myself, but it sounds interesting. I'll wait and see how many say 'yes' before I decide.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2013 :  22:42:17  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well play by post does exist, in general there is a DM and also tends to be a requirement to post reply within a certain time.

After that the rules of each game vary,, rule set, permitted classes, spells and so on. I am engaged in a few play by posts. I though do not have any interest in play by post DMed by silverwolfer.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2013 :  22:56:06  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm in too many pbp games to join right now (and anyone who's looking for a 2e pbp Realms game should look into the Moonlight Madness thread in Running the Realms), but if you want to move ahead with this one, I recommend using the website www.rpol.net. It's built specifically for running pbp RPG games. It's a little counter-intuitive, and I prefer to use other dicerollers than the one it comes with, but overall it's a good site.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2013 :  05:53:40  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
aww I tend to use, mythweavers myself Hoon.
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2013 :  06:37:28  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've actually been looking to give Pathfinder a try but set in the Realms rather than Golarion.
Easier said than done, at least in terms of PbP games.
The few I've seen pop up have fizzled so far.
Golarion PFRPG games are a dime a dozen, understandably.

Who knows, maybe my interests will turn to D&D 5E soon enough.
I watched the PAX celebrity game and it really seems like a cleaned up version of 2E.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000