Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Scourge of the Realm, by Erik Scott de Bie
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2013 :  21:38:26  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
For those of you who like reading about the Realms and are looking for more excellent fiction in the same vein (particularly during WotC's Sundering focus), check out this most recent book I'm announcing today: Scourge of the Realm

The quirky and awesome Broken Eye Books just announced that I would be writing a book for them (Scourge of the Realm,) as a stretch goal on their kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1557256029/crooked-and-other-oddities-from-broken-eye-books/posts/582968

Years ago, a band of heroes from all walks of life joined forces to rid the kingdom of Iavor from the evil tyrant Malagant, driving him from the realm and securing it for goodly folk everywhere. The barbarian leader of the group married the princess and became king, and his allies took on positions of authority in the kingdom.

But all was not well in Iavor, for power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Now it falls to the Black Princess Sidion, daughter of the old evil queen, on the run from the barbarian king's hunters, to seek out some hope of restoring balance to the land. She must find the only man who ever defeated the former heroes: Malagant, the Scourge of the Realm.

For those of you who like my work and want to have this novel in your hot little hands (or cold big ones, whatever), pledge your support to BEB's Kickstarter. Their other offerings are amazing as well, including By Faerie Light (a dark fey anthology featuring my story "The Night Maiden" alongside the work of numerous authors whose names should look familiar) and some seriously great books from my good friend Clinton Boomer. Highly recommended!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 28 Aug 2013 21:44:10

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2013 :  21:45:34  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Allright.....I'm in!

I made a quick pledge, but will read through all the levels later tonight to get where I need to be.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 28 Aug 2013 21:54:33
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2013 :  03:44:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Confound it! This had to come after I'd already reached my Kickstarter budget for August...

Sorry Erik.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2013 :  03:52:50  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know, I've just carried out some quick re-fudging of my monthly budget, and I think I can work a pledge in for this project.

Erik's announcement of the book was a great selling point, but I've only just now realised that Scott Gable is involved too. So I definitely want to get on board with this.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2013 :  13:53:10  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

You know, I've just carried out some quick re-fudging of my monthly budget, and I think I can work a pledge in for this project.

Erik's announcement of the book was a great selling point, but I've only just now realised that Scott Gable is involved too. So I definitely want to get on board with this.

Let me know if you can't swing it this month, I'm planning on upping my pledge anyway... so won't be a bother to make sure i get an extra book or two to send your way old friend.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2013 :  15:05:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:

Let me know if you can't swing it this month, I'm planning on upping my pledge anyway... so won't be a bother to make sure i get an extra book or two to send your way old friend.

I'll be much appreciative, RW, and certainly will cover any financial costs incurred for the lengthy shipping.

Thank you for this very kind offer.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2013 :  15:11:28  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:

I'll be much appreciative, RW, and certainly will cover any financial costs incurred for the lengthy shipping.

Thank you for this very kind offer.

You could come to GenCOn next year and pick it up!

PM me and let me know what funding level you were looking at and we will work it out as they do offer shipping anywhere.

Edited by - The Red Walker on 29 Aug 2013 15:14:27
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2013 :  23:00:09  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed! Scott is the publisher at Broken Eye Books. There are just a few days left and quite a few dollars to go. Come on, ladies and gentlesirs! It's way worth it.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2013 :  17:01:16  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Call to Arms!

The Broken Eye Books kickstarter has just over 48 hours to raise just under $2k for basic funding, and another $2k for my novel. Can we do it?

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2013 :  03:27:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And quite happily backed!

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2013 :  18:26:43  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Call to Arms!

The Broken Eye Books kickstarter has just over 48 hours to raise just under $2k for basic funding, and another $2k for my novel. Can we do it?

Cheers

I need to set a calander notice and check in with a hour two go, if its anywhere in the neighborhood of getting Eric's book , I will up my backing

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2013 :  19:31:04  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
39 minutes and $610 to Erik's book! Ahhhhh the suspense!

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2013 :  20:53:50  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, hit the stretch goal for Erik's book by $5!

I got caught up late at the gym and was trying to raise my backing right at the end before the goal got met and my iPhonelocked up on me.....I was afraid it was going to be my fault ifwe didn't reach that goal. Now I'm just bummed I didn't get to fund at the level to get a hardback, but at least it is happening

Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2013 :  23:24:56  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Blah, I was going to jump in only if Erik's stretch goal made it. With the final cutting so close, I missed it.

I'm happy Erik made it in. Now I know his book will come out and I can grab it then.

Edited by - Dark Wizard on 05 Sep 2013 23:26:17
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2013 :  04:27:14  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys! I appreciate all the support and good thoughts.

And I'm going to be BUSY this fall.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2013 :  15:13:06  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Wizard

Blah, I was going to jump in only if Erik's stretch goal made it. With the final cutting so close, I missed it.

I'm happy Erik made it in. Now I know his book will come out and I can grab it then.
Same here - I was watching it until the end, and then kinda missed the cut-off because I had to run out.

So glad this made it - its a company I plan to check-out in the near future; sounds like my kind of fiction.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000