Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Where is Even's Gulf first described?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2013 :  21:23:48  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Even's Gulf (according to the FR Atlas) is the north end of the Easting Reach, at the mouth of the Soleine River.

I haven't seen it on any other maps. It could be from Ed's originals, since those are referenced in the atlas, but I thought maybe one of the scribes here might have some maps that I don't.

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  04:02:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not immediately hitting on any particular reference to this locale.

Mayhap it be just another of those little sites plotted on a Realms map that hasn't ever been properly detailed in the lore.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  06:58:56  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you talking about the print FR Atlas or the digital FR Interactive Atlas?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  07:06:28  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was looking at the print FR Atlas... I didn't check the interactive atlas. Now that I do check it, it's in both.

The problem for me at the moment is that neither one of them cites sources for specific places appearing on the maps.

I didn't find any reference to Even's Gulf in FR9, Spellbound, or Unapproachable East, and Google returns no relevant hits for me. I'm not sure where else to check.

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  23:35:53  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It isn't anywhere else in the lore. As such, it must have come from Ed himself. Ask him.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000