Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Asmodeus Realm?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Shemmy
Senior Scribe

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2014 :  23:28:02  Show Profile  Visit Shemmy's Homepage Send Shemmy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

Wast't asmodeus sopposed to be like the embodyment of evil and draw on evil in itself for power? Worshippers of no worshippers, when all that is evil in the multivers somehow feeds your with their thougt, fellins etc. you have quite the power... Think of him as the entire darkside of the force. Or am I off as usual?

It was an idea presented in the 2e Guide to Hell, though it contradicted some previous sources, and sources since then have largely moved away from it with the sole exception of the idea that Asmodeus has a different true form than the avatar he presents, and that he fell from somewhere else.

Shemeska the Marauder, King of the Crosstrade; voted #1 best Arcanaloth in Sigil two hundred years running by the people who know what's best for them; chant broker; prospective Sigil council member next election; and official travel agent for Chamada Holiday specials LLC.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11696 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2014 :  00:20:45  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mirtek

And to think that Tamm's demand, after his magic just kidnapped and bound a greater deity, was to demand that said deity tell him how to "fix his magic" is even more stupid.

LOL, you can state that part again. You don't know how to effectively wield your magic anymore and you're binding gods...... I will continue to say, I found the series very entertaining as a read (minus things like this that made me do a double take), but I absolutely hated what ended up happening with the country as a result.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2014 :  12:50:59  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jordanz

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

I thought it has been fairly established that each greater deity is far more superior than any archfiend, Asmodeus included. Mystra pretty much toyed with Azzy in Elminster in Hell. And she could have annihilated whatever layer of the Nine Hells if she put her mind to it, only she would never dare, as the consequence would be to rip the fabric of reality itself. The negative energies of the Nine Hells would have spilled into Toril, and she would never let that happen.
It's been a while since I read Elminister in Hell but I reocall Mystra beating a hasty retreat after invading the Hells. Not sure why that was but when did she toy with Asmodeus?

Incidentally, I have that part bookmarked, but I'm too lazy to grab my book now. Anyway, I recall the scene fairly vividly though, and that's what I was referring to above. Mystra was slinging spells here and there, annihilating the minions of the Lord of Avernus. Then she realized that her magic practically started to rip the fabric of reality, potentially creating rifts between the Hells and the Prime. That's why she needed a mortal instrument to rescue El, thus came the Simbul and Halaster.

As for toying with Azzy, that was more of an exaggeration. Mystra simply scried him.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2014 :  18:57:11  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

As for toying with Azzy, that was more of an exaggeration. Mystra simply scried him.
Actually she also cast a spell at him through her scrying
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000