Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Information about HAEKRUKKHA
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2013 :  08:12:58  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
haekrukkha was a great hobgoblin kingdom, in the time after the migration formed by the growth of the great glacier.

itis said to have dominated the whole uplands of impiltur for quite a while.

so, who has any more evidence or information on this, or dargrath, its king, and his shamans?

was this the kingdom which was founded by Soneillon or the one she just managed to re-build?

again thanks for all input.

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2013 :  09:16:38  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok, found out that dargrath was kiled by soneilon and made a death knight, together with most of his retainers.

Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2013 :  11:45:00  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jakuta Khan, where have you found this info?

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2013 :  12:03:40  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
on the wiki for the realms, in the entry of impiltur on the entry of dargraths cave
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2013 :  13:38:47  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its sounds vaguely familiar, so my assumption here is that it from a canon source (I avoid wikis for Realms info). I probably unearthed it when I was doing research for my Impiltur map.

I am sure Krash would be able to shed more light on this.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 19 Jul 2013 13:39:29
Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2013 :  14:23:55  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In Dragon Magazine 346 there is an article on Impiltur by George Krashos that has a small section on Dargrath's Caverns.

The following is taken directly from the article:

After the empire fell the warlord and his shamans supporters fled to these caverns and sealed them with a cave in.

Miners recently broke throug following a silver vein and discovered weird pictographies, ancient altars and at least one intact skeleton that hints at illithid presence.

Some adventuring groups went inside in search of glory and never came back.
Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2013 :  14:24:39  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well dargrath is canon, i think in champions of ruin it is confirmed that he was killed or dominated by soneillon.

just his kingdom i had never heard of before.
Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2013 :  14:33:26  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakuta Khan

ok, found out that dargrath was kiled by soneilon and made a death knight, together with most of his retainers.

In Champions of Ruin is stated that Soneillon captured Impiltur King Imbrar Heltarn alive, tortured him and destroyed his faith in the Triad. When he died he turned into a death knight and is now Soneillon's Prince Consort, with his five scores of Royal Guard members turned in huecuvas wielding magic swords (Soargar's Legacy).

It's stated that Imbrar trains the hobgoblins of Soneillon's horde so i doubt there is an hobgoblin death knight warchief in service of the succubus or he would have taken the job.
Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2013 :  14:43:00  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
aahh, maybe i was wrong, but i think i heard him being also connected to the succubus.
although i think that she was more active in the giantspire mountains than the earthspur

i have to look it up again
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2013 :  07:20:46  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The hobgoblins of the modern-day Giantspires are descended from the hobgoblins of Haekrukkha, but those ancient goblinkin have no connection to Sonneilon. See my thread in the Chamber of Sages for a bit more information.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000