Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Sharknado The adventure
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2013 :  19:34:32  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Inspiration : Sharknado Scyfy movie

Setting : Forgotten realms 3.5

Cause: Umberlee and Sekolah are at war with the surface and have teamed their powers to create a giant storm A giant supernatural hurricane has come crashing against Waterdeep's coastal shores, carrying with it, sharks with unusual abilities to levitate and rip through buildings.

Player Interaction: You and your party are stuck in waterdeep, and the storm is messing with all abilities to teleport inside the city.You must make it between the roving looters, the water surges , and the flying sharks to the safety of inland shore , or take your risks in the city itself and try to outlaws the storm, while the blackstaff tries to dispel it.

Challenge rating 5-7, keeps the bandits easy to build and low Dm time for creation , random interaction table , and sharks will be between medium to dire varieties, with scripted interactions based on how the party decides to survive the adventure.

So what do you folks think of it?

Bane of the Harpers
Seeker

Canada
53 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2013 :  19:52:27  Show Profile Send Bane of the Harpers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can even include the Terlen...a flying shark found in the 3rd edition Fiend Folio :P
Go to Top of Page

Ze
Learned Scribe

Italy
147 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2013 :  20:23:38  Show Profile Send Ze a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen the movie, but - aren't flying sharks a bit... maybe "cheesy" is the word I'm looking for, but I'm not 100% sure.

What I'm sure is that if I were to throw them at my players, I'd loose the remaining credit I still have as a DM.

To each his own, I guess.

Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2013 :  20:25:15  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If every adventure you do is serious and saving the world, then this is the perfect contrast to break up the pace of the usual.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2013 :  20:55:04  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds awesome! How does one disrupt the storm to end the Sharknado®? Could it be appeasement for Umberlee or maybe an explosion amongst the clouds to disrupt the air flow/confluence of clouds?

Also, what level is this going to be at?
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2013 :  21:25:20  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well in reality probably around level 6, give folks enough variety to dip into a PRC, and provide paths for folks who do this as a online game.

Blackstaff would be dispelling it, the basic idea of this game is that you are not a hero, but just some random fools stuck in the middle of something way above your head and your jut trying to wait out the storm or reach the "safety " zone.

Waterdeep is a well published city, so mapping it is very easy, as it has been broken down to the city and alley level , so not as much custom work needed.
Go to Top of Page

Ze
Learned Scribe

Italy
147 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2013 :  22:16:03  Show Profile Send Ze a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by silverwolfer

If every adventure you do is serious and saving the world, then this is the perfect contrast to break up the pace of the usual.

Point conceded.

Go to Top of Page

Kris the Grey
Senior Scribe

USA
422 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2013 :  05:33:10  Show Profile Send Kris the Grey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lol.

This idea has really jumped the shark...nado.

Kris the Grey - Member in Good Standing of the Watchful Order of Magists and Protectors, the Arcane Guild of Silverymoon, and the Connecticut Bar Association
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000