Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 City System
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joebing
Learned Scribe

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2013 :  23:33:39  Show Profile Send Joebing a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Finally got my hands on a complete physical copy of this amazing box set (previously I only had a pdf).

The entire set makes a great campaign tool for Waterdeep if you are not familiar with it. A definite must-own for the map alone; the map of waterdeep is MASSIVE, detailing every building in Waterdeep in 10 maps that match up together, ending up around 6' long. Also included is a poster of Waterdeep and a classic AD&D 3-D map of Castle Waterdeep.

The Realmslore contained within details Waterdeep ward by ward, with typical building layouts for the size of the building.

Well worth the $25 I paid for it.

Now plugging away on mass conversion to 5e, as well as my imprint J. Halk Games.

http://www.facebook.com/JHalkGames

First adventure on DM Guild: Lair of Elaacrimalicros

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2013 :  05:34:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've got like three copies of those maps.

The first set was when I bought the boxed set for the first time. The book was lost in the fire (not the maps, just the book), so I bought a second set to have the book again. And I somehow wound up with a partial set, then later found someone selling the maps individually on eBay -- so I completed the third set.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Joebing
Learned Scribe

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2013 :  00:49:15  Show Profile Send Joebing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

The first set was when I bought the boxed set for the first time. The book was lost in the fire (not the maps, just the book), so I bought a second set to have the book again. And I somehow wound up with a partial set, then later found someone selling the maps individually on eBay -- so I completed the third set.

If I can get mine to line up right, I am thinking of framing it and hanging it in what my wife and I call "The Gaming Room" - a room that is designed around RPGs (mainly D&D/Realms).

BTW, the room was HER idea, not mine. I was content with the dining room table.

Now plugging away on mass conversion to 5e, as well as my imprint J. Halk Games.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2013 :  03:59:52  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joebing

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

If I can get mine to line up right, I am thinking of framing it and hanging it in what my wife and I call "The Gaming Room" - a room that is designed around RPGs (mainly D&D/Realms).

BTW, the room was HER idea, not mine. I was content with the dining room table.

We have a room dedicated to my books, toys, game stuff, and computer. It's officially the computer room. Sadly, I don't have enough wall for the entire City System map -- but I do have the map from FR1 Waterdeep and the North on one wall.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2013 :  05:18:48  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd love to get this on art board as one big map. One day maybe, when I have a dedicated room to put it in.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2013 :  15:57:59  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My original FR map (in PS) was 8' tall by 12' wide - I wanted to eventually transfer the whole thing onto a wall in my house. That map is now long gone, but so is the wife (who wouldn't let me do it), so who knows?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Joebing
Learned Scribe

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2013 :  02:38:29  Show Profile Send Joebing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
8' x 12'? You really ARE a master cartographer (which is why I use your maps exclusively for my campaigns - well, what you have covered so far).

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000