Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 City System

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Joebing Posted - 03 Jul 2013 : 23:33:39
Finally got my hands on a complete physical copy of this amazing box set (previously I only had a pdf).

The entire set makes a great campaign tool for Waterdeep if you are not familiar with it. A definite must-own for the map alone; the map of waterdeep is MASSIVE, detailing every building in Waterdeep in 10 maps that match up together, ending up around 6' long. Also included is a poster of Waterdeep and a classic AD&D 3-D map of Castle Waterdeep.

The Realmslore contained within details Waterdeep ward by ward, with typical building layouts for the size of the building.

Well worth the $25 I paid for it.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Joebing Posted - 13 Jul 2013 : 02:38:29
8' x 12'? You really ARE a master cartographer (which is why I use your maps exclusively for my campaigns - well, what you have covered so far).
Markustay Posted - 12 Jul 2013 : 15:57:59
My original FR map (in PS) was 8' tall by 12' wide - I wanted to eventually transfer the whole thing onto a wall in my house. That map is now long gone, but so is the wife (who wouldn't let me do it), so who knows?
George Krashos Posted - 06 Jul 2013 : 05:18:48
I'd love to get this on art board as one big map. One day maybe, when I have a dedicated room to put it in.

-- George Krashos
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Jul 2013 : 03:59:52
quote:
Originally posted by Joebing

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I've got like three copies of those maps.

The first set was when I bought the boxed set for the first time. The book was lost in the fire (not the maps, just the book), so I bought a second set to have the book again. And I somehow wound up with a partial set, then later found someone selling the maps individually on eBay -- so I completed the third set.

If I can get mine to line up right, I am thinking of framing it and hanging it in what my wife and I call "The Gaming Room" - a room that is designed around RPGs (mainly D&D/Realms).

BTW, the room was HER idea, not mine. I was content with the dining room table.

We have a room dedicated to my books, toys, game stuff, and computer. It's officially the computer room. Sadly, I don't have enough wall for the entire City System map -- but I do have the map from FR1 Waterdeep and the North on one wall.
Joebing Posted - 05 Jul 2013 : 00:49:15
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

The first set was when I bought the boxed set for the first time. The book was lost in the fire (not the maps, just the book), so I bought a second set to have the book again. And I somehow wound up with a partial set, then later found someone selling the maps individually on eBay -- so I completed the third set.

If I can get mine to line up right, I am thinking of framing it and hanging it in what my wife and I call "The Gaming Room" - a room that is designed around RPGs (mainly D&D/Realms).

BTW, the room was HER idea, not mine. I was content with the dining room table.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Jul 2013 : 05:34:15

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000