Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Firefall Vale
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  13:54:34  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Can anybody provide any information on Firefall Vale and Firefall Keep in Cormyr.

Also, is anything detailed in any offical FR product (other than Stormlight novel) and are any maps available?

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  14:13:52  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Rad. Long time no see, eh?

Well, I haven't heard of this yet, but I guess I'll do a bit of research tonight. ^^ I should have any findings by tomorrow. Til then- "Sweet water and light laughter".

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  14:16:10  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think Firefall Vale is referred to outside Stormlight.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  15:00:16  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks

Wow, Kitira! Sure has been a long time, have you been lurking around the library or been away from this place totally?

Well I guess if YOU dont know of anything on Firefall, Faraer, then thats good enough for me

Shame though, sounds like a nice place.....apart from the stuffy nobles!

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  22:59:42  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
never heard of it actually

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Whenever magic one doth weave, 'tis never ever wise to deceive - Elminster

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  03:19:55  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

Thanks

Wow, Kitira! Sure has been a long time, have you been lurking around the library or been away from this place totally?

Well I guess if YOU dont know of anything on Firefall, Faraer, then thats good enough for me

Shame though, sounds like a nice place.....apart from the stuffy nobles!

Faraer's definitely right about that Rad. I've found nothing, except a 'name' reference in the Volo's Guide to Cormyr. There's no other outside information, other than what is presented in the novels. It's a shame really, I actually liked the 'Firefall Vale' location...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  12:31:08  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hmm, no info here either, all that I could find is the info found in Stormlight, and something about 'The Realm of Wailing Fog', which only
appears on the map from that accessory. This area lies deep within the
'V' of land that forms the fire fall vale and has not been detailed
in the Cormyr accessory or anywhere else further.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  16:05:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I said, in the Cormyr accessory, there was only a sentence that mentions where Firefall Vale is located...nothing more...

Oh well...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2004 :  16:53:34  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry Rad, no dice here either. I did do quite a search for it in my little library, but nothing came up. Not even a slight mention of the place.

And in response to your second question, yes I have been lurking. ^^ When do I do anything else?

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2004 :  18:30:54  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kitira Gildragon

Sorry Rad, no dice here either. I did do quite a search for it in my little library, but nothing came up. Not even a slight mention of the place.

And in response to your second question, yes I have been lurking. ^^ When do I do anything else?

Thanks for checking, Kitira
Shirkin' your duties as a Realmslore gatherer eh? Alaundo will have you strung up if he hears youre just lurking

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2004 :  04:49:09  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

Also, is anything detailed in any offical FR product (other than Stormlight novel) and are any maps available?

As everyone else reported, I don't recall seeing it outside of the Stormlight novel. Perhaps this might be something to bring up in the ask Ed Greenwood thread? Maybe he'd be willing to share a few tidbits that he recalls about the area that haven't been published.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000