Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Need Help Deciding After Running Anauroch
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

3catcircus
Acolyte

32 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2013 :  15:00:51  Show Profile  Visit 3catcircus's Homepage Send 3catcircus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So - I'm currently running my players through the Cormyr/Shadowdale/Anauroch trilogy (they are just now getting ready to fight Scyllua Darkhope).

For long-range planning, I'm expecting they'll be around 15th level when they finish Anauroch and I'm looking for some suggestions on what published adventure to use after that.

I've looked at City of the Spider Queen (and it is relatively easy to buff the NPCs) since the players managed to uncover the map showing the way to Maerimydra, but since the trilogy is supposed to occur after events in CotSQ, I'm unsure of what pitfalls I might run into if they were to be used in opposite order.

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2013 :  18:00:13  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Should be fine to use the Spider Queen adventure. A very small portion of it takes place in the Daggerdale area and the rest is pretty much in the Underdark.
Go to Top of Page

Joebing
Learned Scribe

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2013 :  18:41:44  Show Profile Send Joebing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
CotSQ is good, but I would run the Vampires of Waterdeep trilogy from Dungeon Magazine, issues 126-128.

The adventures are Blood of Malar (126), Dungeon of the Crypt (127), and The Fireplace Level (128), all by Eric Boyd.

VoW took place after the current trilogy you are running, and should run your PCs to almost 20th level from 13-15th level.

Now plugging away on mass conversion to 5e, as well as my imprint J. Halk Games.

http://www.facebook.com/JHalkGames

First adventure on DM Guild: Lair of Elaacrimalicros

Edited by - Joebing on 29 Jun 2013 18:46:11
Go to Top of Page

Pazuzu
Seeker

Germany
61 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2013 :  17:14:00  Show Profile Send Pazuzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm also running the triology right and I would be interested in more information about VoW. Can you say something mire about why you would take that adventure? Many thanks in advance!

May your dice obey your will. - Gary Gygax (*1938 - †2008)
Go to Top of Page

Joebing
Learned Scribe

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2013 :  20:58:36  Show Profile Send Joebing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pazuzu

I'm also running the triology right and I would be interested in more information about VoW. Can you say something mire about why you would take that adventure? Many thanks in advance!

There are many reasons:
1) I like linked trilogies. Personal thing.
2) You are gradually heading west throughout the campaign, so you can't leave Waterdeep out.
3) VoW is an AWESOME storyline, and the adventures are not your typical short Dungeon Magazine ones, but rather longer, like the chapters of Age of Worms Adventure Path.

I am sure there are more reasons, but I cannot think of them off the top of my head.

Now plugging away on mass conversion to 5e, as well as my imprint J. Halk Games.

http://www.facebook.com/JHalkGames

First adventure on DM Guild: Lair of Elaacrimalicros
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000