Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Murder in Baldur's Gate Encounters
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2013 :  15:50:54  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Courtesy of Feetz from the Wizards forums:

The article http://www.wizards.com/WPN/News/Article.aspx?x=2013_06_10_DDEBaldur and solicitation flyer http://www.wizards.com/ContentResources/Wizards/Sales/Solicitations/2013_06_08_DDBaldur_Solicitation_en_US.pdf.

Highlights

Can be run in 3.5, Next, or 4e.
The for sale adventure is what you use for Encounters. The kit does NOT have the adventure. Stores have to order it.
13 weeks
Intro adventure to be run at Launch event on Aug 17-18.
Player maps, NPC cards, exclusive d20s
Part of the Sundering event for Forgotten Realms
Report results and influence outcome

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO

deserk
Learned Scribe

Norway
237 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2013 :  17:45:00  Show Profile Send deserk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing it's a safe bet Bhaal's returning. Which is great.

Albeit, it is kind of annoying that they have to kill gods in the first place and revive them a few years later. Feels kind of like exploiting the consumers.

Then again I want back all the dead gods, and for WotC to stop killing 'em.

Very nice cover art btw too. Wish there was a larger version of the picture.

Edited by - deserk on 16 Jun 2013 17:45:54
Go to Top of Page

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2013 :  17:50:48  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am just hoping that the story effecting event of this is not the PCs having a chance to prevent Bhaal's ascension. If I was playing as a player I would want to lose for the benefit of the setting. As DM, I would be gunning for the players for the benefit of future products.

Tarlyn Embersun
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2013 :  17:59:16  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder how they will prevent people from ''cheating'' (submitting multiple feedback). I only hope that they won't do something like putting a code on the copies of the adventure, which will be needed to contribute. That could be some cheap trick for easy sales...

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2013 :  18:13:19  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I kind of figured it would be the code in the back of the adventure. I don't think of that as a cheap trick. Each copy of the adventure gets effectively one vote. I think that will reduce false results rather than increase them. $35 dollars to fake a vote is pretty expensive.

Tarlyn Embersun
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2013 :  19:11:31  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I said 'cheap' because it could lead people who are disappointed with the 4e FR and that would like their opinion to be considered, to pay even before they actually got to see what WotC wants to do with the setting.

Besides if someone can't play the game but is still interested in the setting, (s)he will not be able to 'vote', unless (s)he buys something that will hardly be used. These people would be effectively cut out

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Edited by - Irennan on 16 Jun 2013 19:16:51
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2013 :  15:00:51  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tarlyn

I kind of figured it would be the code in the back of the adventure. I don't think of that as a cheap trick. Each copy of the adventure gets effectively one vote. I think that will reduce false results rather than increase them. $35 dollars to fake a vote is pretty expensive.

A player only gets a vote if they participate in a D&D Encounters sessions which are held at a WPN approved local hobby shop, bookstore, or comic shop. They haven't made any announcements on home games being allowed to vote.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Plaguescarred
Learned Scribe

Canada
190 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2013 :  20:51:05  Show Profile Send Plaguescarred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Matt Sernett got his author's copy of Murder In Baldur's Gate and shared a a photo of the book and DM screen:

@Sernett Got my author copies of Murder in Baldur's Gate today! It looks awesome! #ForgottenRealms #DnD pic.twitter.com/esXVdK0pWw

Yan
Playtester
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2013 :  20:59:53  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dude...that looks awesome!

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2013 :  23:59:54  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll reserve judgment, but that sure looks like the wide open spaces of the 4E format.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2013 :  04:34:35  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If the price is right, it might be worth getting for the maps and art depicting scenery and structures. The latter especially since I feel FR has focused on art depicting figures (and specifically on novel characters) in the past.
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2013 :  16:59:55  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The latest play-test packet (August) contains a supplement for this product. Yes it contains spoilers for those who want to play the game. Also, it has an interesting spoiler for old school Baldur Gates fans.

So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Marco Volo
Learned Scribe

France
201 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2013 :  08:54:02  Show Profile Send Marco Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The question is : what is on the other side of the screen ?
Go to Top of Page

Caladan Brood
Senior Scribe

Norway
410 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2013 :  09:50:06  Show Profile  Visit Caladan Brood's Homepage Send Caladan Brood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That map! It shows the bridge! :-)
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2013 :  15:34:40  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Sundering.aspx

This link shows the map in the product....and it is the long delayed Sundering mini-website.

So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2013 :  16:21:57  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

This link shows the map in the product....and it is the long delayed Sundering mini-website.
Thanks for that link, Bakra. I like how you can zoom in on the map an get the details to (some of the) locations.

Netheril starting a war, eh? Well, this should be interesting.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2013 :  19:07:01  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Grenemyer

quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

Thanks for that link, Bakra. I like how you can zoom in on the map an get the details to (some of the) locations.

Netheril starting a war, eh? Well, this should be interesting.

You’re welcome.
I found this interesting : “The intermingling of worlds brought about by the Spellplague also comes to an end, as what belongs to Abeir returns to Abeir, leaving the Forgotten Realms looking much as it did before.”

So a native Torilian Dhrakar (dragonborn) returns to Tymanther only to find Unther?

So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000