Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 How powerful would AO be outside of Faerun?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2013 :  06:20:14  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
This is just hypothetical b/s but I thought we could throw paint on the wall just for fun of it.

How strong do you think AO would be outside of forgotten realms crystal sphere as lets say visiting dragon lance, or one of the outer planes?

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2013 :  07:29:31  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Overgods are overgods. Presumably when they enter the domain of another overgod, they'd be measured against that overgod (and it's only polite to let the other guy do what he wants in his own "project"), but they'd still be overgods.

Ao does have a boss, so there are greater overgods than him. Realmspace is just his personal project, and he says himself that there are countless others that (presumably) other overgods are overseeing.

"The Wild Mages I have met exhibit a startling disregard for common sense, and are often meddling with powers far beyond their own control." ~Volo
"Not unlike a certain travelogue author with whom I am unfortunately acquainted." ~Elminster
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2013 :  09:07:38  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
True...

Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2013 :  11:18:28  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He most likely be significantly more powerful than the local deities but Eldacar pointed out we cannot know for sure if he would be more powerful than that plane's local overgod.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000