Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Mantol-Derith Drow Faction
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Emma Drake
Learned Scribe

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  18:37:12  Show Profile  Visit Emma Drake's Homepage Send Emma Drake a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know when the transfer of power in the drow faction of Mantol-Derith passed from Yyssisiryl H'tithet to Harammamyl H'tithet?

What source is this information from?

I have found numerous places online that list Yyssisiryl as the last chief negotiator and Harammamyl as the new, but none of them detail when/how or cite a source.

"I am always here, all about you. You are never truly alone. I flow wherever life flows, wherever winds blow and water runs and the sun and moon chase each other, for there is magic in all things."

- Mystra (Ed Greenwood, Silverfall)

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  18:46:35  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it from the 3.5e Underdark?
quote:
Underdark, page 161

Harammamyl H’tithet (CE female drow fighter 3/rogue 6):
Representing the minor merchant House of H’tithet, Harammamyl is new to her job, having recently assassinated the former representative, Yyssisiryl H’tithet. She carefully conceals her natural drow contempt for everyone around her who isn’t a drow, and has discovered that faking a little warmth goes a long way toward making a deal. Harammamyl is in much the same situation as the svirfneblin Kassawar, in that Gracklstugh’s war against Menzoberranzan has cut off trade to the City of Spiders, leaving her with little to offer.

I think Underdark is set somewhere abouts 1374-75.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)

Edited by - Hawkins on 21 May 2013 18:57:47
Go to Top of Page

Emma Drake
Learned Scribe

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  18:47:59  Show Profile  Visit Emma Drake's Homepage Send Emma Drake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

Is it from the 3.5e Underdark?

I'll go check.

Edit: Ack, you're right. I don't know how I missed that. Does anyone know if there is a story anywhere about that particular power play?

So, this means that by Shieldmeet 1372, Harammamyl had taken over? Or is there another date after which the 3.5 FR materials should be considered to have taken place?

"I am always here, all about you. You are never truly alone. I flow wherever life flows, wherever winds blow and water runs and the sun and moon chase each other, for there is magic in all things."

Edited by - Emma Drake on 21 May 2013 18:55:21
Go to Top of Page

Sightless
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  21:08:56  Show Profile Send Sightless a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's also some info on her in the Tomb of Drow, but I've not got it with me, so I can't say exactly what.

We choose to live a lie, when we see with, & not through the eye.

Every decision, no matter the evidence, is a leap of faith; if it were not, then it wouldn't be a choice at all.
Go to Top of Page

Emma Drake
Learned Scribe

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  00:02:15  Show Profile  Visit Emma Drake's Homepage Send Emma Drake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sightless

There's also some info on her in the Tomb of Drow, but I've not got it with me, so I can't say exactly what.

Are you talking about the 3rd party book "The Tome of Drow Lore"? I did a quick pdf search and didn't find anything in that. I suspect you may be referring to another book, but when I googled "Tomb of Drow," I got 4 hits, none of which seemed related. Google suggested The Tome of Drow as an alternative, which is why I bring it up.

Go to Top of Page

Sightless
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  00:10:33  Show Profile Send Sightless a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I mis-spelled, and if you didn't see it, then I'm probably wrong. Wouldn't be the first time, nor the last. I'll look around when I get the chance, again sorry for the goose chase.

We choose to live a lie, when we see with, & not through the eye.

Every decision, no matter the evidence, is a leap of faith; if it were not, then it wouldn't be a choice at all.
Go to Top of Page

Emma Drake
Learned Scribe

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  00:12:19  Show Profile  Visit Emma Drake's Homepage Send Emma Drake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sightless

I mis-spelled, and if you didn't see it, then I'm probably wrong. Wouldn't be the first time, nor the last. I'll look around when I get the chance, again sorry for the goose chase.

No worries! I just did a quick scan anyway. I'll take a closer look to be sure.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000