Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Gen Con with the Forgotten Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Andrekan
Seeker

65 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2013 :  05:06:23  Show Profile Send Andrekan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Faerun at Gen Con 2012 for those interested.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Feature.aspx?x=dnd/feature/gencon

"Those two talk only of drink, riches, women, brawling, and magic, so ye've a one in five chance..." Quote from "Elminster in Hell"

Emma Drake
Learned Scribe

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2013 :  14:50:15  Show Profile  Visit Emma Drake's Homepage Send Emma Drake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't find the "Lords of Waterdeep, featuring Scoundrels of Skullport" on the schedule. Anyone know when this will take place?

It looks like it's a recurring event, but it's not on the schedule at all.

"I am always here, all about you. You are never truly alone. I flow wherever life flows, wherever winds blow and water runs and the sun and moon chase each other, for there is magic in all things."

- Mystra (Ed Greenwood, Silverfall)

Edited by - Emma Drake on 14 May 2013 14:53:05
Go to Top of Page

Kris the Grey
Senior Scribe

USA
422 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2013 :  20:44:11  Show Profile Send Kris the Grey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know who the GMs will be for the "D&D Next All-Access Adventure Pass" (https://www.gencon.com/events/47662)?

I know Eric Menge ran one of the next playtest adventures last GenCon (the Blingdenstone one) and did a fine job on it. The event allows you to sign up with the same DM for four sessions (4 hours each) of gaming across the whole weekend. It sounds interesting, but as with all gaming, the game is only as good as the person running it. So, if any authors, Candlekeep regulars, or other Realms luminaries are among the DM cadre, it might be fun to try. If not, less so.

Anyone have any inside info on this issue?

Kris the Grey - Member in Good Standing of the Watchful Order of Magists and Protectors, the Arcane Guild of Silverymoon, and the Connecticut Bar Association
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2013 :  00:50:13  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not going to be able to go to Gen Con

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

gomez
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
254 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2013 :  15:45:02  Show Profile  Visit gomez's Homepage Send gomez a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kris the Grey

Does anyone know who the GMs will be for the "D&D Next All-Access Adventure Pass" (https://www.gencon.com/events/47662)?

David Christ from Baldman Games organizes the D&D Next All-Access Adventure Pass.
He arranges for those volunteers (he sent out a call today), and he will be picky (select the DMs that he knows rock, so likely those who have run for him before).
I am concidering applying for it, but I have no idea if he considers me up to snuff, since I ahve only run for him twice.
Then again the Dungeon Delve looks like fun as well.

More info here: http://www.baldmangames.com/Gencon/genconjudgereg.html

Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2013 :  17:05:00  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Confrontation at Candlekeep".

Let me guess... the place is overrun with gremlins, and the BBG is a giant space hamster.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

smerwin29
Acolyte

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2013 :  17:54:43  Show Profile Send smerwin29 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I cannot comment on the size of the space hamster . . .
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2013 :  18:12:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

"Confrontation at Candlekeep".

Let me guess... the place is overrun with gremlins, and the BBG is a giant space hamster.

Given the colors of my avatar, is that Big Bad Guy or Big Blue Guy?

And Sage is the one with the gremlins. Me, I'm sweet, lovable, and cuddly. Just ask me, I'll tell you!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 17 May 2013 18:13:12
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2013 :  18:41:19  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, yeahhhh... we got Sage's Gremlins, A Giant Space Hamster, probably a rarely-seen-but-oft-whsipered-about 'ghost of Alaundo', and all the rabid... acolytes (lead by the ebil 'Darth fanboi').

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000