Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The return of everyone's least favorite elf...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  23:53:07  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Delete Topic
Hail all!

Just wanted to announce my forthwith return...it's good to be back...

Hope I was missed...!

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  05:59:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Indeed you were missed...Well, at least, I missed you .

But, haven't we had this conversation before...?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  11:52:33  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message
Indeed, I too am delighted to see you back again!

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  12:26:24  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message
With fear of Alaundo's wrath...ill say "me too"

Good to see our resident elven loremaster back

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  14:25:36  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message
Awww...you gentles are too kind, and thus, the bard blushes.

But indeed, it is quite good to be back...I grew weary of the outside world....

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  14:44:41  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
As have we all...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  15:45:53  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Arion Elenim

Hail all!

Just wanted to announce my forthwith return...it's good to be back...

Hope I was missed...!

Welcome back. An elf gone for an extended period of time? What happened? Get caught up in a prolonged reverie?
Go to Top of Page

lowtech
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  16:12:44  Show Profile  Visit lowtech's Homepage Send lowtech a Private Message
Welcome back!
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  20:00:11  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message
Sure Sirius! I like how that sounds. Makes a good excuse...

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  22:48:32  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message
Well met

Welcome back indeed, Arion Elenim. My my, these elven lore scribings have been building up in your absence No time to waste

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  01:54:16  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message
Welcome back, oh resident bard. Even we drow have reverie......Sirius, thats an excellent idea.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Kiarin DAleshan
Candlekeep Inn Waitress

12 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  02:11:31  Show Profile  Visit Kiarin DAleshan's Homepage Send Kiarin DAleshan a Private Message
ARION! WELCOME BACK!

I'd hug and kiss you, but well... you elves don't like that. ^^ Now let's have a song from ye! The Inn's too quiet. Not enough hired entertainment, methinks.

Well? Hop to it!

Kiarin D'Aleshan
Candlekeep Inn Waitress

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood

"This is an inn, not a tavern, m'lord!"
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  02:16:13  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message
An excellent idea, dear Kiarin! Well bard, hop to it!

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  02:25:27  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message
aye welcome back Arion! what? y is every1 looking at me? dont look at me 2 sing the song...do i look like a bard 2 any of u? nay, nay, n imply it again i shall turn u in2 a newt!

lol
a newt?
i got better!
sorry just couldnt help it

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Whenever magic one doth weave, 'tis never ever wise to deceive - Elminster

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  02:32:58  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message
A newt???? Couldn't you be a bit more creative Dracandos, like a spider, or a cow, or a tressym, or something...... Newt is a bit too old fashion. Reminds me of witches with big noses, green hair, and warts.......

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  03:02:51  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowlord

A newt???? Couldn't you be a bit more creative Dracandos, like a spider, or a cow, or a tressym, or something...... Newt is a bit too old fashion. Reminds me of witches with big noses, green hair, and warts.......

the referense was from Monty Python. i thought of it when i said "ill turn u in2..."

alright Shadowlord, ill turn every1 else in2 newts, but u...ah u my drow friend...ill turn u in2 the creature u despise most...ill turn u in2 anELF!!! wuh ah ha ha ha ha!!! dont u wish now u had kept ur black, er excuse me, ur pink mouth shut!?!

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage
Go to Top of Page

Naroon Shimmerflow
Learned Scribe

Norway
104 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  04:25:38  Show Profile Send Naroon Shimmerflow a Private Message
Originally posted by Dracandos
quote:
alright Shadowlord, ill turn every1 else in2 newts, but u...ah u my drow friend...ill turn u in2 the creature u despise most...ill turn u in2 anELF!!! wuh ah ha ha ha ha!!! dont u wish now u had kept ur black, er excuse me, ur pink mouth shut!?!

HAHAHA!!! that would make my day

Welcome back Arion Elenim, good to have some more elfs in the house.

Good dice rolls, beats good tactics anytime[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  20:24:31  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message
Naroon, laugh all you want, until the drow fully conquer Cormanthor! Haha, even now there are more drow in that forest than there are elves.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  21:03:52  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message
Indeed Shade!!
And I do remember you Arion, you are that dude with the really cool avatar, yes indeed. Think I saw you in the inn one time too.

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  21:20:10  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message
Here's one for Kiarin, the kindest, most dutiful (and beautiful) waitress in the world:

(Plays intensely for SEVERAL minutes,
finishes his song with a flourish:)

"And she's buuuyyying
A Stair-uh way...
To Waterdeeeeeeep....."

Thank you, thank you....

Seriously...you folk are so kind....never did I think I'd receive such a warm welcome home...everyone meet me at the inn. Drinks are on me!!!

And Alaundo...uhm...about those scrolls......LOOK OVER THERE! RIGHT NOW! OH DEAR OGHMA, THE HUMANITY!! AHHHH!!!

(runs away as Alaundo turns)

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  21:24:45  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message
Shadowlord laughs heartily You always could make me smile, bard. Umm, the Inn is in a bit of chaos now......., though I'll still take the drink.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  22:25:15  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message
hail Shadowlord, how does the life of an elf suit u?

Go to Top of Page

RogueAssassin
Learned Scribe

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  22:54:21  Show Profile  Visit RogueAssassin's Homepage Send RogueAssassin a Private Message
HAIl! welcome back to the CAndlekeep!!!........er......Who are you again?

-The Rogue

"Spirit. Its a Heros strength, a mothers resiliance, and the poor mans armor. It cannot be broken and it cannot be taken away. This i must belive"---Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  00:50:15  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dracandos the Spellsage

hail Shadowlord, how does the life of an elf suit u?

I'm not just an elf, I'm a drow, there's a crucial difference.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  00:53:45  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message
Yeah. The Drows are the completely and utterly insane ones, distinguishable by their Black skin. The 'elves' are usually not that insane...

Ec'Thelion, formerly known as Forgotten One, now known as Ec'Thelion the Overpowered.
Currently not all that active. I'm preoccupied with Warcraft III for the moment. Bite me :P
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  03:11:15  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message
Shadowlord did u miss my spell? i turned u in2 a regular elf

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  05:40:21  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message
Heh. Shadowlord, you look good as a faerie elf. Though that spell must not be working right -- you look a bit grey . . . oh, wait, that's just you looking sick at seeing what happened. Never mind.

Arion, I'm glad you're back. The drow have been taking over.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  15:58:46  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
Drow....elves....doesn't matter.....they both taste like chicken!
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  18:43:54  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message
Well, as we all know, ALL races are welcome here, even Drow...as long as no one tries to stab anyone....

Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  20:25:20  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

mmm chicken, drow chicken!

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  21:16:34  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dracandos the Spellsage

quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

mmm chicken, drow chicken!

I am beginning too be a little scared here, as I do have wings and are a drow.

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000