Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 gods
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  00:08:04  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyric

i do belive Cyric is more powerful then Mystra.

Well, gee, there's a surprise. You believe Cyric's better than anything.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  00:39:16  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cyric IS NOT more powerful than Mystra. She could easily whup him with her spells plus she can just deny Cyric's access to the Weave and he can't even cast a cantrip then.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  01:05:54  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IIRC, she did exactly that before.....

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Roewyn
Learned Scribe

114 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  01:24:23  Show Profile  Visit Roewyn's Homepage Send Roewyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

Cyric IS NOT more powerful than Mystra. She could easily whup him with her spells plus she can just deny Cyric's access to the Weave and he can't even cast a cantrip then.

I really doubt that she would dare to do that again.
Cyric is no fool he won't give her a chance to do that.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  02:29:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyric

i do belive Cyric is more powerful then Mystra.

Not quite what I was expecting, but then...

Anyway, I really think you have missed the mark on this one Cyric . Maybe, given the early days of 'Cyric's Madness', and his level of power before the return of Bane, I could agree with you that Cyric was on par with Mystra, but given the present situation, and Mystra's command of all things magical (being command of the Weave), there is little in the way of comparison...except maybe your own personal tastes on deity worship...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  02:36:22  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah no Sage! I do believe you just contributed to the age old "Which Deity is Better" battle! Oh well, I thought you were better than that Sage.....

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  02:39:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know what you mean. I was merely responding to Cryic's comments...

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  02:44:53  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, but thats a way of goading him into a lecture about "How Cyric is the One True Power" and such! We've gotten him started, now he'll never stop!

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  03:11:18  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm...there's really nothing wrong with that. If Cyric wants to talk about 'Cyric' being the 'One and All', I think that is great...It's Realmslore...how can that be bad?. Just be sure to start another scroll on this topic before beginning the discussion.

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  03:14:26  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, nevermind Sage. You obviously don't understand......

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  04:12:12  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Roewyn

quote:

I really doubt that she would dare to do that again.
Cyric is no fool he won't give her a chance to do that.

Roewyn, if Mystra was gonna be killed by Cyric, I don't think she would hesistate to deny his magic to defend herself. Also, it wouldn't go against the Balance because she did it to protect herself from Cyric's attacks and also the Weave from being harmed.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  07:12:36  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed you are right DDH_101. The Weave's balance, and continued integrity is measured above all other deity interests. To abuse that responsibility, or ignore it in favor of some other concern would risk the very essence of the Art, bringing an end to all magic as we known it on Toril. Just remember what happened the last time someone tried 'going against' the eternal balance of the Weave. Mystra knows how important it is to maintain the purity of the Weave, and it's connection to all life on Faerun. If Cyric jeopardised that link, Mystra would not second-guess to deny him access.

Mystra knows this because it's a part of her core identity...it's something that was passed from Mystra I to Midnight, before her ascension. I'll also assume that Mystryl had possession of this ideal as well.

Go to Top of Page

Roewyn
Learned Scribe

114 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  09:06:13  Show Profile  Visit Roewyn's Homepage Send Roewyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess you are right about the balance but as I said Cyric won't dare an open attack for he has more enemies and less power than he had in prince of lies.
What about Shar? If Mystra denies magic to Cyric can Shar support him with her shadow weave? Shar doesn't like Mystra at all. I think that kind of allience may be formed in future
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  14:06:51  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the way Cyric did attack Mystra with out magic and cut of her fingers so in your face Cyric is always better and you all know it.
And Cyric is way more powerful then Mystra she just a weak puney girl. And Shar could do that then it would go from esaey to kill her to very eseay.
And he has not lesser power and we are not talking about mouch power he lost, Cyric always win. And Bane did not really take power Cyric gave the lesser things he did not want
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  14:16:03  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mystra, Kelemvor, Oghma, Azuth, Mask, Tyr, Torm, Deneir, Leira, Iyachtu Xvim, and all the others should just gang-up on him, and destroy him.

Cyric is a raving lunatic, and needs to be put down for the good of everybody else. Then again, what would the world be without raving lunatics that crusade around, and kill people seemingly out random? It would be a pretty booring place, I tell you!

Then again, we do still have the monsters.

Ec'Thelion, formerly known as Forgotten One, now known as Ec'Thelion the Overpowered.
Currently not all that active. I'm preoccupied with Warcraft III for the moment. Bite me :P
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  21:10:11  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it would ned all of them to kill him and some more.
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2004 :  20:49:57  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ugh, ego-maniac.......

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

RaVeN1463
Seeker

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2004 :  20:55:55  Show Profile  Visit RaVeN1463's Homepage Send RaVeN1463 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
why bother with brute force discrete blades and powerful magic can have the same affect

hmmm assassinating the god of assassins what an idea
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2004 :  21:00:43  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Raven, I am beginning to think the best decision I ever made was converting you to be a Vhaeraunite! I agree wholeheartedly. That's kind of ironic, don't you think? Assassinating a god of assassins?

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

RaVeN1463
Seeker

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2004 :  21:20:16  Show Profile  Visit RaVeN1463's Homepage Send RaVeN1463 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As much as massive slaughter of Cyrics followers is a tempting idea
to weaken him then destroy him in the same manner the irony of assassinating the god of assassins just sounds so much better

Edited by - RaVeN1463 on 31 Jan 2004 21:20:58
Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2004 :  22:02:16  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It wouldn't happen. Cyric would see a murder coming 17 days before it happens due to his portfolio sense.

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2004 :  22:06:17  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, but just because he can sense it doesn't mean he can stop it!

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2004 :  23:54:01  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
EcThelion, Iyachtu Xvim is gone. The only purpose of him was to allow Bane to be resurrected.

Cherrn, does it also include murders from other deities? Also, Mask can do a pretty good job of illusions and deceptions that he could fool a god like Cyric.

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  01:17:40  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hes gone...? Oh...

Ec'Thelion, formerly known as Forgotten One, now known as Ec'Thelion the Overpowered.
Currently not all that active. I'm preoccupied with Warcraft III for the moment. Bite me :P
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  01:25:07  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, Cyric has the portfolio of deciet and illusion..... Just getting the facts straight.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  01:33:02  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erhm... Intrigue, deception AND Murder, strife, lies, illusion, right?

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  01:38:40  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Correct. Glad to see you know your deities.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  02:35:36  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

EcThelion, Iyachtu Xvim is gone. The only purpose of him was to allow Bane to be resurrected.

Cherrn, does it also include murders from other deities? Also, Mask can do a pretty good job of illusions and deceptions that he could fool a god like Cyric.

Yeah I would think so, it's his portfolio sense after all. He can see any murder 17 days before it happens.

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  02:41:17  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still as I said, sensing and preventing are two different things......

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  02:45:41  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cyric is clever enough to prevent such a thing if he knows it is happening. In fact, if he's in his own plane I don't think anybody would be able to kill him at all given his divine rank.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000