Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 2E PbP Forgotten Realms game
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rredmond
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2012 :  15:29:54  Show Profile  Visit rredmond's Homepage Send rredmond a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Take a peek here: http://www.unseenservant.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1091

quote:
The DM wrote

Good morning fellow gamers! Wondering about the level of interest for an AD&D 2nd Ed. game set in the Forgotten Realms. I'm relatively new to these boards, but not new to gaming or pbp gaming. Here's a little background about me:

Rolled up my first character in the spring of '82 for the adventure B4 - The Lost City. I was hooked from the beginning and have played virtually non-stop since. Have played and DM'd all of the editions, stopping at 3.5. I also have a love/hate relationship with Pathfinder - love all the shiny newness, hate getting sucked into yet another system/edition. Moved to NC in '98, leaving just about everyone I knew including my gaming group. So...I started gaming online via email at first before discovering pbp forums around 2004. I currently run a 1E Greyhawk game over on RPoL, play in a 1E game there, and play in two Pathfinder games on the Paizo forums.

So, enough about me, here are some options about this potential game:

- General campaign style game - group of adventurers set out to hunt for treasure, fame, fortune, etc. Could wind up being an epic, "save the Realms" type of game; could be a TPK.

- Series of "quick post" adventures - I announce a scenario and the first five/six people who post get to run it. Fast action, 2-3 weeks at the most, no commitment to a long-term game or campaign. Each scenario could see several different gamers/characters offering several the opportunity to play, if only for a short time.

- Monster characters - ever wanted to play a Hobgoblin or a Gnoll? Maybe a group of Goblins defending their tribe against Elves? Or humans? Or...a group of adventurers??? Or maybe the group is a band of Dwarves on a quest, with a wizard, and a Hobbit...er...okay, scratch that. Moving on!

- City based game? Dungeon crawling? Open wilderness where anything can happen? On the sea or under it?

Click on the above link if you want in!

OS RPG PbP Games: www.unseenservant.us

Edited by - rredmond on 27 Dec 2012 15:34:53

rredmond
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2012 :  15:31:31  Show Profile  Visit rredmond's Homepage Send rredmond a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oops, apparently [url=http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=4743]hedgeknight[/url] is a member here as well. Heh, he's the DM of the game above. :)

OS RPG PbP Games: www.unseenservant.us
Go to Top of Page

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
573 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2012 :  16:17:06  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems like we need to get Al to update the online games thread. This is the third PbP FR 2E game going on that I know of.

*** A Forgotten Realms Addict since 1990 ***
Treasures of the Past, a Second Edition Play-by-Post game for and by Candlekeep Sages--http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=52011
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2012 :  20:12:14  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. Very interesting. Maybe I should dust off Nagrath...

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2012 :  02:38:27  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting, the third 2E FR PbP game I've seen surfacing here in a long time. I'm already a player in the other two and probably overloading if I throw my hat into a third arena.

Maybe WotC made a wise choice in reprinting the 2E core books after all. I think this is all a good sign.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000