Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 2E PbP Forgotten Realms game

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rredmond Posted - 27 Dec 2012 : 15:29:54
Take a peek here: http://www.unseenservant.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1091

quote:
The DM wrote

Good morning fellow gamers! Wondering about the level of interest for an AD&D 2nd Ed. game set in the Forgotten Realms. I'm relatively new to these boards, but not new to gaming or pbp gaming. Here's a little background about me:

Rolled up my first character in the spring of '82 for the adventure B4 - The Lost City. I was hooked from the beginning and have played virtually non-stop since. Have played and DM'd all of the editions, stopping at 3.5. I also have a love/hate relationship with Pathfinder - love all the shiny newness, hate getting sucked into yet another system/edition. Moved to NC in '98, leaving just about everyone I knew including my gaming group. So...I started gaming online via email at first before discovering pbp forums around 2004. I currently run a 1E Greyhawk game over on RPoL, play in a 1E game there, and play in two Pathfinder games on the Paizo forums.

So, enough about me, here are some options about this potential game:

- General campaign style game - group of adventurers set out to hunt for treasure, fame, fortune, etc. Could wind up being an epic, "save the Realms" type of game; could be a TPK.

- Series of "quick post" adventures - I announce a scenario and the first five/six people who post get to run it. Fast action, 2-3 weeks at the most, no commitment to a long-term game or campaign. Each scenario could see several different gamers/characters offering several the opportunity to play, if only for a short time.

- Monster characters - ever wanted to play a Hobgoblin or a Gnoll? Maybe a group of Goblins defending their tribe against Elves? Or humans? Or...a group of adventurers??? Or maybe the group is a band of Dwarves on a quest, with a wizard, and a Hobbit...er...okay, scratch that. Moving on!

- City based game? Dungeon crawling? Open wilderness where anything can happen? On the sea or under it?

Click on the above link if you want in!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dark Wizard Posted - 28 Dec 2012 : 02:38:27
Interesting, the third 2E FR PbP game I've seen surfacing here in a long time. I'm already a player in the other two and probably overloading if I throw my hat into a third arena.

Maybe WotC made a wise choice in reprinting the 2E core books after all. I think this is all a good sign.
Hoondatha Posted - 27 Dec 2012 : 20:12:14
Hmm. Very interesting. Maybe I should dust off Nagrath...
WalkerNinja Posted - 27 Dec 2012 : 16:17:06
Seems like we need to get Al to update the online games thread. This is the third PbP FR 2E game going on that I know of.
rredmond Posted - 27 Dec 2012 : 15:31:31
Oops, apparently [url=http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=4743]hedgeknight[/url] is a member here as well. Heh, he's the DM of the game above. :)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000