Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Cleric characters
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthony Stock
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2012 :  01:02:33  Show Profile Send Anthony Stock a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm about to finish the year of the rogue dragons. I am loving one of the characters Pavel a cleric. Beside the cleric quintet is there any other books with a cleric has one of the main characters?

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2012 :  06:11:55  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pavel was awesome! Hmmm...that's a good question *stares at her collection of Realms books and tries to remember* The Erevis Cale trilogy and Twilight Wars have clerics (or at least similar to clerics. It might not be the "official" term. Lady Penitent might also have some clerics in it, if I remember right. Are there clerics of a particular deity you are interested in?

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2012 :  06:37:19  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The Priests series. They are stand-alone novels featuring different clerics.

RLB's The Haunted Lands trilogy and The Brotherhood of the Griffon series also have a fair number of clerics who donned prominent roles.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

LastStand
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2012 :  10:44:00  Show Profile Send LastStand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As already stated the Priests series would be the best bet for Cleric main characters:
* Lady of Poison, by Bruce R. Cordell
* Mistress of the Night, by Dave Gross and Don Bassingthwaite
* Maiden of Pain, by Kameron M. Franklin
* Queen of the Depths, by Richard Lee Byers

The Erevis Cale trilogy and Twilight Wars are highly recommended as great reads.

"Don't. The battlegrounds that you and I have returned from alive are too different."

~ Claymore ch106

Edited by - LastStand on 03 Dec 2012 10:45:38
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2012 :  18:17:51  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION!

Brimstone Angels: Lesser Evils comes out tomorrow, and one of the main characters is a priest of Selune (and a Harper). :)

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

LastStand
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2012 :  18:41:37  Show Profile Send LastStand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ErinMEvans

SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION!

Brimstone Angels: Lesser Evils comes out tomorrow, and one of the main characters is a priest of Selune (and a Harper). :)

Priest of Selune?!
I'm totally sold! There are far too few priests/clerics of Selune in novels.

"Don't. The battlegrounds that you and I have returned from alive are too different."

~ Claymore ch106
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2012 :  19:34:38  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anything with those annoying drow priestesses (spelling?)

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2012 :  19:52:32  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Later Brotherhood of the Griffon books have a priestess.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2012 :  01:40:05  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

There are also clerics of Mystra featured in Carrie Bebris' Pool of Radiance: The Ruins of Mysth Drannor, most notably the High Priestess of Mystra named Anorrweyn Evensong.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2012 :  21:04:12  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of the main characters in The Last Mythal series is a cleric of Corellon and pretty awesome too.

Starlight and Shadows series by Elaine Cunningham has a priestess of Elistraee as the main character (I think, or could be Mystra, I haven't read the book in years).

Also, Adon is/was a cleric of Sune and Mystra from The Avatar Trilogy.

A few priests are found and talked about in the Scions of Arrabar trilogy. They pray to Waukeen.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000