Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Sword of the Gods
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

canikoblivan
Acolyte

Turkey
43 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2012 :  11:35:49  Show Profile  Visit canikoblivan's Homepage Send canikoblivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings fellow scribes, I have just devoured Sword of the Gods and its sequel Spinner of Lies and got quite hooked; but there are so many questions that still linger in my mind. Did Bruce mention anyting about another novel in the works for this wonderful series?

canikoblivan
Acolyte

Turkey
43 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2012 :  09:09:54  Show Profile  Visit canikoblivan's Homepage Send canikoblivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Something? Anything? =)

Well, how did you scribes find this series? Pros, cons? I'm open to theories and friendly discussions.
Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  07:05:45  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I haven't read it... (consider this a friendly bump because I hate to see a scroll that doesn't get replied to!)

"A true warrior needs no sword" - Thors (Vinland Saga)
Go to Top of Page

canikoblivan
Acolyte

Turkey
43 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  07:30:06  Show Profile  Visit canikoblivan's Homepage Send canikoblivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And I was so excited to see a new message in this scroll! Thank you =)
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  14:13:31  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also have not read but it is on my ever expanding "to read" list.

I too have a question. Never having read any of Bruce's novels, are there any that I need to read before Sword of Gods or are these unrelated to his earlie work? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

canikoblivan
Acolyte

Turkey
43 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  14:44:47  Show Profile  Visit canikoblivan's Homepage Send canikoblivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello DragonReader! Glad to see this series is in your scope, you're definitely in for a treat my friend.

You do not 'have to' read Bruce's previous works, but it does have its advantages. Both novels have references to The Abolethic Sovereignty and Captain Thoster & his ship Green Siren make cameo appearences as well.

Also, having some info on Tharizdun and the Abyssal Plague surely helps as well. A simple google search should be enough.

Edited by - canikoblivan on 05 Oct 2012 14:46:47
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2012 :  17:45:00  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by canikoblivan

Hello DragonReader! Glad to see this series is in your scope, you're definitely in for a treat my friend.

You do not 'have to' read Bruce's previous works, but it does have its advantages. Both novels have references to The Abolethic Sovereignty and Captain Thoster & his ship Green Siren make cameo appearences as well.

Also, having some info on Tharizdun and the Abyssal Plague surely helps as well. A simple google search should be enough.

Actually The Abolethic Sovereignty was on my 'to read' list as well. So I think I will start with that one and then move on the Sword of the Gods.

Gotta finish a Sword of Fire and Ice first, but then I think it is well past time I return to the Realms for a bit :)

Thanks for the info.

Edited by - DragonReader on 06 Oct 2012 17:46:35
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2012 :  21:21:17  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've read the original and rather enjoyed it for the most part, though I had a few nitpicks. Still, I found it to be a fun read and liked that the focus was on non-human, planestouched races like the deva and genasi.

Haven't gotten around to the sequal; I've heard some disparaging things about the drow subplot but drow always bore me anyway, so I'll probably still give it a read when I get around to finding a copy.

"Then I saw there was a way to Hell even from the gates of Heaven"
- John Bunyan, Pilgrim's Progress

Fatum Iustum Stultorum. Righteous is the destiny of fools.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
http://theroleplayersgazebo.yuku.com/directory#.Ub4hvvlJOAY
Go to Top of Page

canikoblivan
Acolyte

Turkey
43 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2012 :  11:21:47  Show Profile  Visit canikoblivan's Homepage Send canikoblivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DragonReader

quote:
Originally posted by canikoblivan

Actually The Abolethic Sovereignty was on my 'to read' list as well. So I think I will start with that one and then move on the Sword of the Gods.

Gotta finish a Sword of Fire and Ice first, but then I think it is well past time I return to the Realms for a bit :)

Thanks for the info.

Do you mean the 'Song' of Fire and Ice (aka Game of Thrones)? God, I love the TV series and my wife is reading the second novel right now and she says it's brilliant; but I have so many realms novels waiting in line.

Back to topic, if you're planning on starting the Abolethic Sovereignty Trilogy, you should first read Stardeep from The Dungeons series and learn about the Traitor first. It will definitely help. Also, the protagonist of the trilogy, Raidon Kane, makes his first appearence there.

Edited by - canikoblivan on 07 Oct 2012 11:27:33
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2012 :  01:38:35  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oops... Yes I meant 'Song'. And thanks for the suggestion. I shall Add Stardeep to my list and read that one first, followed by the Abolethic Sovereignty, and the the Sword of the Gods books...
Go to Top of Page

canikoblivan
Acolyte

Turkey
43 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2012 :  08:20:14  Show Profile  Visit canikoblivan's Homepage Send canikoblivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems like you've got a lot of reading to do! =)
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2012 :  19:44:11  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh yes... But that is a good thing :)

I just wish I had more time.
Go to Top of Page

canikoblivan
Acolyte

Turkey
43 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2012 :  08:16:25  Show Profile  Visit canikoblivan's Homepage Send canikoblivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hear you! Married life and working 10 hours a day leave really no time for myself. I cannot decide whether to watch a TV show, or a movie or play video games or read a novel or go out with the wife, and by the time I finally decide, it's time for bed =)
Go to Top of Page

Simon Phoenix
Acolyte

11 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2012 :  22:11:12  Show Profile Send Simon Phoenix a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just finished the second one, liked it, and they should definately green light another.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000