Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Spider and Stone from Jaleigh Johnson
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

phranctoast
Learned Scribe

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2012 :  14:34:53  Show Profile Send phranctoast a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Has anyone read it yet? I just finished and I have to say, It's one of the better Rise of the Underdark novels so far. Where some of the other novels have the ROTU phoned, in, I get the opposite impression with this novel.

Currently reading: Spider and Stone by Jaleigh Johnson: Sequel to Mistshore

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2012 :  23:23:46  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just finished it as well. I really enjoyed it. It took me a while to realize that this was a tie in to Mistshore. I really wish WoTC would have marketed this better. I would have liked to go back through Mistshore before I read this. But either way, I thought it was a very good FR novel.
Go to Top of Page

Jaleigh J.
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2012 :  04:31:38  Show Profile  Visit Jaleigh J.'s Homepage Send Jaleigh J. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phranctoast

Has anyone read it yet? I just finished and I have to say, It's one of the better Rise of the Underdark novels so far. Where some of the other novels have the ROTU phoned, in, I get the opposite impression with this novel.

Thank you, phranctoast and Caolin, I'm happy you enjoyed the book. Caolin, I believe originally Spider and Stone was going to be advertised as being a sequel to Mistshore (with something on the cover, I think), but this plan must have been dropped somewhere along the way. Alas.

http://www.jaleighjohnson.com
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jaleigh_johnson
Go to Top of Page

phranctoast
Learned Scribe

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2012 :  13:14:33  Show Profile Send phranctoast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now I'm reading the Howling Delve. The Waterdeep novels were great for introducing readers to new Forgotten Realms authors.

I look forward to reading more about Icelin, Ruin, and Sull, as well as seeing more on the development of the little twist at the end.

Currently reading: Spider and Stone by Jaleigh Johnson: Sequel to Mistshore
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2012 :  15:31:17  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does Spider and Stone have something to do with the drow? Is it available as a paper book?

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2012 :  18:28:08  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes and No.
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2012 :  20:14:24  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn. I thought I'd get it... and I'm not familiar with the process of buying e-books from WotC...

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2012 :  02:35:56  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zireael

Damn. I thought I'd get it... and I'm not familiar with the process of buying e-books from WotC...

You can't. You have to buy it through Amazon or possibly Barnes and Nobles.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000