Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Howdy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  06:37:14  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey everyone.

I'm starting to get into the Forgotten Realms setting so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I start gaming on an online RPI MUD called ArmageddonMUD in 2002. I started playing D&D in 2008 with the advent of 4th edition. I quickly started playing in the Living Forgotten Realms where I met my two current gaming groups.

Unfortunately I have issues with organised play and much prefer home games. I was also gaining issues with LFR specifically. In 2009 I stopped playing LFR and found my distaste for LFR had grown to the Forgotten Realms as well.

Fastforward 3 years and I've started getting back into the Forgotten Realms again. I did purchase the Grand History of the Realms back when I was playing LFR along with Faiths & Pantheons, searching for that elusive flavour of the game world.

Most recently I've been reading Ed's Forging the Realms articles on the WotC website and have been reconsidering how I approach DMing a campaign as a result. I've also started reading the "So Saith Ed" articles which are giving me a mountain of ideas :)

So howdy to you all :D

DM of the Realms: A blog for my Forgotten Realms adventures.

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  06:57:29  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello and Well Met, John.

Welcome to the forums! Looking forward to your thoughts and commentary on the Forging the Realms articles. They are pretty awesome, aren't they?

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  10:37:52  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the keep!

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  14:32:39  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome and Well Met!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  17:39:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Does your username come from the comic character, or somewhere else?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2013 :  11:05:54  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh. I didn't see Wooly's post until now. My username comes from it being my actual name ;)

Which comic book character is called John Lynch? I'm aware there's actors and sportsmen with the name, but a comic character is new to me.

DM of the Realms: A blog for my Forgotten Realms adventures.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2013 :  11:46:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JohnLynch

Heh. I didn't see Wooly's post until now. My username comes from it being my actual name ;)

Which comic book character is called John Lynch? I'm aware there's actors and sportsmen with the name, but a comic character is new to me.

John Lynch is the one called John Lynch, of course.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lynch_(comics)

(May have to cut and paste that. The 'Keep doesn't seem to like parentheses in URLs.)

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 07 Jan 2013 11:47:32
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000