Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Wyvern Tor
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vorpalanvil
Seeker

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2012 :  05:42:54  Show Profile Send vorpalanvil a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just north of the Sword Mtns. is a spot on the 2ed box set map with said name. Having exhausted my library trying to find out about it, can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks all.

"I'm a busy man! I got places to go, monsters to kill!" attributed to 1st level bard

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2012 :  06:50:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Methinks it's likely just another named map location that exists without any pertinent lore behind it.

[In other words, I've yet to check my own archives, but I'm assuming this is probably the answer anyway since the reference isn't immediately ringing any bells in my mind.]

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

vorpalanvil
Seeker

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2012 :  10:07:23  Show Profile Send vorpalanvil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suspected as much, I just wanted to cover my bases. I'm a good man, and thorough.

"I'm a busy man! I got places to go, monsters to kill!" attributed to 1st level bard
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2012 :  16:46:03  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Sword Mountains north of Waterdeep?

I see no location on the 2e maps (I just got an unopened 2e box at Gencon), and I do not see it on the FRIA map either.

EDIT:
I found it on the FRIA map - I forget that the upper range of sword Mountains was dropped in latter editions (so its above that separate, northern range). Its also on the map in The North boxed set, not in the campaign set.

And I can't find a single thing about it.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 18 Sep 2012 18:56:55
Go to Top of Page

vorpalanvil
Seeker

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2012 :  08:27:43  Show Profile Send vorpalanvil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My bad! It's on "The North" box set map. Should have included that little tid bit. Duhhhhhhhh! Thanks as usual for the feedback. P.S. Please forgive the lateness of my reply. GEAR!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000