Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 What if the Sundering meant:
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2013 :  13:47:05  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That reminds me of Dragon Ball Z; Frieza's whole galactic empire was really just a real estate scam. His "World Trade Organization" would conquer planets and wipe out the local population in order to sell them off to the highest bidder.

"Then I saw there was a way to Hell even from the gates of Heaven"
- John Bunyan, Pilgrim's Progress

Fatum Iustum Stultorum. Righteous is the destiny of fools.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
http://theroleplayersgazebo.yuku.com/directory#.Ub4hvvlJOAY
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2013 :  14:00:20  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

No, he didn't sell them. He's just a bored emperor hungry for new toys. [Majimbo's worse.]

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2013 :  14:15:48  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I stopped watching Dragonball when I realized their names were 'Frieza' and 'Cooler'.

REALLY?

What happened to 'lunchpail'? Died in the womb?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2013 :  14:54:35  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On topic: if we really had to stick with the Abeir-Toril name (all but dropped in 3e, returned in 4e), separate worlds or timelines seem the best way to go.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11716 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2013 :  15:05:14  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I stopped watching Dragonball when I realized their names were 'Frieza' and 'Cooler'.

REALLY?

Lol, I've never watched the show, but my stepson was into it. Was one of them named Thermus by chance?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2013 :  16:28:25  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:

REALLY?

Lol, I've never watched the show, but my stepson was into it. Was one of them named Thermus by chance?

No, but their dad's name was Cold(King Cold, to be specific), and they had an ancestor named Chill. I swear I am not making this up.

And Dennis, he did sell them. It's mentioned in a throw-away line during one of the episodes Gohan and Krillin are making their way to Namek, though he certainly wants to move passed the galactic real estate business and into full on evil emperor mode.

As for the topic at hand, I believe I've mentioned elsewhere- probably in this very thread, it's been a while and I'm extremely sleepy right now- that I'm fine with resplitting Abier-Toril so long as they continue producing some Abiernian lore.

That being said, implementing separate timelines would be a mistake. It just gets complicated.

"Then I saw there was a way to Hell even from the gates of Heaven"
- John Bunyan, Pilgrim's Progress

Fatum Iustum Stultorum. Righteous is the destiny of fools.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
http://theroleplayersgazebo.yuku.com/directory#.Ub4hvvlJOAY
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2013 :  17:21:49  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe blow-up Oerth, Krynn, and Mystara (and possibly Aebrynis), and then re-form Abeir after the sundering with all the campaign areas from those worlds on one globe. Kinda goofy, but it would mean they could do the more interesting bits from all of those worlds as a single setting, instead of trying to re-do multiple settings. It could get all the bits and pieces of worlds we've seen over the years as well (Nentir Vale, Jakandor, etc).

Leave FR, Athas, And Eberron alone - they can stand on their own (and DS's flavor is just too different to merge correctly with some other world... although I have postulated before that Abeir may have actually been the perfect world to place Athas on...)

And I not talking about one of my hokey amalgam-maps. I am talking about a brand new world with brand new maps with pieces (lore bits) pasted into it from all those other settings. The GOOD pieces.

Hmph... I think I just merged Abeir with my 'Æthervale' concept (as a new plane to replace the ethereal - a "world between the worlds"). It could work - they should let us play in D&D's 'storage locker'.

You know... the more I think about this...

The way Birthright was setup, and guys like Iuz and Lord Soth, and then taking into account that I pictured the feywild and Shadowfel working very much like Ravenloft (with those captured domains), and then saying the new Æthervale is just like that... Hmmmmmmm... me thinks I see some decent traction there.

Maybe The Sundering should = Crisis on multiple Earths (except not for FR! Except to get back some stuff we lost.)

EDIT: While looking for a good pic to link of Crisis, I found THIS SITE instead. It has an interesting article about rebooting continuities - folks here should read it.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 04 Jan 2013 17:28:21
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2013 :  23:17:50  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
On the other hand, when he pushed the worlds apart, he was saving entire universes (he has done it several times now), including pushing apart the Marvel and DC universes (thus ending the Amalgam comics line).

It's been a decade since I read it, but didn't the brothers just decide to merge/split while the spectre and tribunal were tiny specks with the brothers not even noticing these fleas that tried to keep them apart?
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2013 :  01:22:57  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have spent A LOT of money on manga over the years (I have most of one wall devoted to them), but I never could get into Dragon Ball Z. The artwork bothered me.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000