Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Unther (3.5 Edition)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11719 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2014 :  15:11:23  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
while its not the same thing, check the original draconomicon (2e I think). You'll find more on the draconic pantheon there.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Icelander
Master of Realmslore

1864 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2015 :  23:56:21  Show Profile  Visit Icelander's Homepage Send Icelander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's nice to see interest in the Old Empires.

I couldn't help but notice, however, that it's hard to reconcile this timeline of Unther with the novel The Alabaster Staff, set mostly in Messemprar.

To take a fairly major problem, Gilgeam-ite lords have very different fates. Lords Ekur and Zimrilim were alive and well at the beginning of the year DR 1373 and the novel makes clear they went into hiding immediately upon the death of Gilgeam in DR 1358. They've been in Messemprar for at least a decade, probably the full 15 years.

Za uspiekh nashevo beznadiozhnovo diela!

Forgotten Realms fans, please sign a petition to re-release the FR Interactive Atlas
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6354 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2015 :  10:01:48  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I gave a lot more love for the old empires than this scroll (which was a beginning). If you check out the alternate dimensions links in my sig I devoted issues 3, 4, 5, and 6 I think to expanding unther, mulhorand, and thay. I even tried writing up a brief campaign centred around the conquest of unther.

I'll admit none of this (or anything I do) is compatible with novels. The novels are a resource I do not possess and so I concentrated on what was in the sourcebooks instead. I'm not sure how many people have read the novels but you are the first to mention ekurs fate in them.
I view the novels as someone else's story/version of events. In the end I made a nod to the alabaster staff and zimrilim was involved in giving unlife to gilgeams avatar. These aspects of Gilgeam were then involved in a highlander style conflict that saw Gilgeam return as the untheric god of madness and undeath.
This however was just part of a greater storyline involving the conquest of unther and merging of the mulhorandi and untheric pantheons.

I hope to revisit the old empires again, they were a lot of fun

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site