Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Dark-skinned, light-haired humans in the Realms?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Doge
Seeker

73 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2012 :  12:46:49  Show Profile Send Doge a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Are there any dark-skinned, light-haired humans in the Realms? With skin that isn't grey or black but more of a dark brown? And light colored hair of white or really pale blond? Or what mix of ethnicities could produce something like this? Something like a Sossrim/Chultan human.

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2012 :  12:49:03  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doge

Are there any dark-skinned, light-haired humans in the Realms? With skin that isn't grey or black but more of a dark brown? And light colored hair of white or really pale blond? Or what mix of ethnicities could produce something like this? Something like a Sossrim/Chultan human.

Dambrathan humans may very well appear this way after so long a period of time under Crinti (drow) rule.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Doge
Seeker

73 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2012 :  13:07:18  Show Profile Send Doge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah yes, that's one to consider. A drow in the family tree could explain the occasional white-haired Arkaiun human. Still waiting for more answers though.
Go to Top of Page

Doge
Seeker

73 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2012 :  14:34:09  Show Profile Send Doge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just checked my Shining South book and couldn't find the Height & Weight tables for Arkaiun humans.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2012 :  00:18:42  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only thing I can think of is psuedo-canonical, from Brian James' original (free) Grand History -

The Azuposi people of northern Anchorome' are of Illuskan/Northmen decent, but that would be tens of thousands of years past. Ergo, they've probably taken a more Native American skin coloration, but the light hair could have remained a dominant gene.

like I said, not quite canon, but damn close.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

rjfras
Learned Scribe

261 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2012 :  01:09:21  Show Profile  Visit rjfras's Homepage Send rjfras a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Arkaiun - Arkaiuns are a relatively new ethnicity among humans, a blend of other cultures that have been forced to flee or submit to others for most of their existence. Today they are scattered throughout the southern coast of Faerun, though Dambrath is their traditional home. Arkaiuns are a subjugated group who are ruled relentlessly by the half-drow Crinti in Dambrath. Sometimes the bitterness of being oppressed also affects relations with other races (namely elves).

The typical Arkaiun is short and stocky, with dusky, tanned skin and raven-black hair. Occasionally, however, a child is born who grows regally tall, or sports a mane of golden-blond hair or red hair, like his Illuskan forebears.

Go to Top of Page

Doge
Seeker

73 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2012 :  05:37:27  Show Profile Send Doge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, that last one from page 100 of Shining South. I missed that. Great save rjfras. And regarding the height/weight tables, they're Nar after all with a few showing Illuskan traits. Thanks everyone. It seems I got what I needed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000