Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Ebook Question
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Archimedes of Syracuse
Acolyte

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2012 :  10:21:17  Show Profile  Visit Archimedes of Syracuse's Homepage Send Archimedes of Syracuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
There are as of now 3 Ebook only for 2012, all of which i would absolutely love to read. Prince of ravens especially, oh my word does that book sound awesome. shadowbane (which i'm extremely bummed i wont get to read:(!!! ) plus all the cold steel and secrets books. Add that up and thats 7 books total I am telling you for certain i would purchase if in paper back, as i own almost all current and past books, thats about 50$ lost profit.
Are paper really selling so poorly? Unfortunately i don't and never will own an Ereader of any kind, I absolutely must have a book to put on my shelf after reading, plus my eyes tire way faster reading off screen, it sucks. I'm not upset, more just disappointed these are stories that have been kept from me that i'd love to read. My question is will this be a continued trend? As 2 of those Ebooks are, I'm assuming along with the rise of the underdark, will all rise of the underdark novels be Ebook? Tis a scary thought as these are novels I'm highly highly anticipating.

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2012 :  15:13:14  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Share your opinion with WOTC, if enough people complain then maybe something will be done. I am like you and will never purchase an e-reader and really enjoy having a physical book to read and shelve afterwards.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2012 :  15:49:15  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See also the discussion in this scroll: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16422
Go to Top of Page

Archimedes of Syracuse
Acolyte

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2012 :  05:29:56  Show Profile  Visit Archimedes of Syracuse's Homepage Send Archimedes of Syracuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, I have sent them a email, kindly letting them know how i feel and my position on ereaders. Also read that thread and its more a discussion of ebook only titles which was a good read, but I'm wondering if its known that it will continue or just a see how it goes. What I got from the thread was its a see how it goes kinda thing but figured id come and ask.
Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2012 :  02:43:03  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My worry is that I've seen people mentioning that the Realms ebooks are not available for purchase outside of the US.

I wanted to buy a kindle for Shadowbane and all the "reprints" of old FR novels, but if I can't buy them through amazon.co.uk how can I get them? Even if I could get them directly from amazon.com (which appears to not be possible) for some reason I can't find any of Elaine Cunningham's "reprints" using their search engine.

I never had a problem in buying physical books (though the old Realms books are not available) so I'm also not particularly happy with this move to ebook only.

Though if I'm wrong and people from Europe can get the ebooks through amazon someone please enlighten me.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2012 :  16:00:19  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I've mentioned in the other thread, WotC is currently working on the international distribution question.

You should definitely advocate your views to WotC: post on their site, send them emails, post on social media, etc. The ebook-only push is an experiment, and they need feedback to know how effective it has been.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000