Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Describe Your Ideal Realm(s) That You Would Own
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  04:40:38  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Mine:

Sidhe'Illinata:
An ethereal Faerie realm.
Sidhe'Illinata is a realm deeply connected to Faerie/Feywild and Arborea (particularly Arvandor). It has the physical characteristics of both realms, and where they differ (where Arvandor is exactly how everything is supposed to be), they are blended perfectly. Sidhe'Illinata can exists in both realms, and even simultaneously, sometimes. Sidhe'Illinata has portals to both realms and its inhabitants use whenever they decide they want to go to either of the realms.

Sidhe'Illinata's fana is that of Faerie's and Arborea's. However, where it seems to be the typical paradise, it is not. Many vicious creatures call SI (henceforth) home. These include: various violent animals, will o'the wisps, merrows, red caps, etc. They are all kept in check though, and never will be able to mount any major assault on SI's other residents.

The residents of SI are all fey and celestial fey. They are: Elves (Sun, Star, Aquatic, Wood, Avariel), Eladrin (Tulani, Noviere, Shiere, Firre, Bralani, Coure), Satyrs, Nymphs, Pixies, Dryads, leShay, Gancanaghs, and Gnomes (of the fey variety).

They all live in their own individual settlements, though some of them tend to live together (such as dryads and pixies) and some live together natually (satyrs, nymphs, gancanaghs).

There is a central city that acts as the convergence of all of the residents and is where my palace would be located

Edited by - Aryalómë on 26 Feb 2012 21:25:41

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  05:49:07  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-I live in SI right now, go figure. One day, I might move out to the semi-demonic realm of NJ. It is ruled by Orcus, or at the very least, a fat, bloated Demon creature.

-But, that aside, I've created only two semi-detailed divine realms for my setting. One is 'The Frozen Forest', a realm on the Paraelemental Plane of ice ruled by Kythaela Sigess, the daughter of Sehanine Moonbow and Kura Okami, of the Japanese Pantheon. It is a strikingly beautiful, but eerie place- trees are covered in icicles, the ground is covered in a coat of permafrost, and a slight breeze is always blowing loose snow through the air. It is supposed to be a hauntingly beautiful, for contemplation and reflection. The other is much less defined, but is more or less a giant, never ending library, but instead of books, there are different parallel dimensions contained within magical orbs (similar to Superman being able to view Krypton in his Fortress of Solitude, or the marble universe in Men In Black II) that the librarian god, 'Lennon', catalogs and organizes. While the other deities of knowledge and history and all of that are tasked with overseeing the Prime Material Plane and what goes on there, his job is to catalog and preserve the possibilities of what could have been.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerûn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerûn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 26 Feb 2012 05:56:21
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  19:29:19  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also have some less developed realms that generally fit my other moods and interests:

Az-grazta: A Hellish Realm
Az-grazta is like a rose from the Hells, exquisitely beautiful, but horridly painful to touch. Here, the landscape resembles a dark, woodsy realm with volcanoes and lava fields, but all beautiful. It also has crystal clear, and bath water warm lakes. The buildings are the same as what you see in the Player's Handbook Races: Tiefling, and other places where you see Tiefling architecture. The residents are: Warder Devils, Erinyes (yes, they are both male and female, the beautiful ones from previous editions), Succubi (according to 4e, they are devils now; both male and female succubi), Legion Devils, and Imps.

It's a very safe realm, though looks would suggest otherwise. The devils that live here are very protective of this paradise (in their eyes) and will defend it at all costs.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  19:44:58  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Nah. I like the Realms as it was and it is now.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  20:18:49  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

Nah. I like the Realms as it was and it is now.

Not editing the Realms, but creating your own realm of existence. I was inspired by the Realm shaper-thing epic destiny in one of the Dragon issues, where you got your own astral realm that you could shape however you liked.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  21:17:59  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Not my ideal realm, but something which FR does not have (yet): a place where weak deities nearing oblivion could recuperate, send (vague) signs of help to the mortal world so that they can be remembered and return to their respective home planes. Something like Sanctuary. But it's so common a term. So I'd instead call it Reclima.

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  22:40:35  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

Not my ideal realm, but something which FR does not have (yet): a place where weak deities nearing oblivion could recuperate, send (vague) signs of help to the mortal world so that they can be remembered and return to their respective home planes. Something like Sanctuary. But it's so common a term. So I'd instead call it Reclima.

Dennis, I think that the current cosmology might have such a place... at least, its existence is hinted at in Ed's new El novels, and that's all I'm saying.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  00:44:49  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Perhaps, but until there's an explicit reference to its actual existence in FR, I would continue to deem it non-existent. p

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000