Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 game maps
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2012 :  02:07:33  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Helloe fellow scribes

I've recently started using the free software called Map-Tool, which allows me to display the map and tokens on my large TV in my gaming room, while controlling hidden stuff of my laptop. Players share only a mouse to move their token directly on the screen. If you didn't know it existed, and if you have the possibility of such a setup, you should check it out at RPtool.com.

Anyway, one of the advantages of this software is I now I can display maps that are more interesting than simple lines hastily drawn on our gaming plastic map, such as pre-made maps. I know there are tons of maps on the web, but I'd like to know if there is a fast and convenient way to browse maps based on keywords other than a simple google search. I'm currently looking for a church map, something grim and sinister, with a back door access and a cellar. I'm not too picky, but I can't seem to find something that somewhat suits my current idea.

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2012 :  22:37:44  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you checked DriveThruRPG.com? They're a big reason my gaming budget hasn't shrunk going from 3.5 to Pathfinder.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Wolfhound75
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2012 :  15:07:10  Show Profile Send Wolfhound75 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The 'churches' from the Diablo CRPG series would fit the bill nicely if you find nothing better/more unique.

Good Hunting!

"Firepower - if it's not working, you're not using enough." ~ Military Proverb

"If at first you do succeed, you must've rolled a natural 20!"
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2012 :  18:46:08  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I'll check these out.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000